Go Down

Topic: RJ45 LAN & 230V AC (Read 514 times) previous topic - next topic

Quietschy82

Hello Community,

I would like to realize the conventional on / off switching (230V) additionally with Ethernet RJ45 (LAN).

My Aim:
A person enters the room and switch on the conventional light (230V) via a button / switch.
or
A person switch the same light (230V) via a web browser  On / Off  as mobile/web application

Needed is a relay card for 230V with external connections (for on/off switch) + RJ45 ethernet control. Which modules of Arduino offers my requiremnts. So far, I have only encountered relay cards with 12V DC output which is mainly for WLAN applications.

I hope you have the right tip!

My graphic should clarify the project for home automation. If Ethernet is not working the conventional 230V  AC is running

Which Hard and Software do I need?

Juraj

Easy - for me. What is your technical background? Electronics? Programming? Wiring AC 230 V? Why you need to ask guidence?

I use Grove modules. It is not  like custom PCB, but much better then breadboard connections.

Quietschy82

Hi Juray, my background is wiring AC 230V and programming.

for my opinion the grove modules canĀ“t control an 230 V AC external switch as input and they have just a 5V/12V DC output rely. No way to change my 230 V AC switch house installation. Additional 230 V AC cabel and Ethernet cable is possible.

Juraj

Dec 13, 2017, 03:05 pm Last Edit: Dec 13, 2017, 03:06 pm by Juraj
I recommend the 30 A module. For lighting you do not need that much Apms, but the screw terminals on the 10 A module are to small for normal 230 V wiring.

Juraj

you connect the manual switch parallel to relay. it would be able to turn on the light when the arduino is off. manual switch wouldn't be able to turn the light off if the relay is on.

Quietschy82

you connect the manual switch parallel to relay. it would be able to turn on the light when the arduino is off. manual switch wouldn't be able to turn the light off if the relay is on.
okay interesting, I understand now there is no existing compact solution (Plug & Play) for AC 230V
Thank you for the impression!

Juraj

if you look at professional home automation components, the switch is touchable with dimming function. it has it's own mcu and communicates with central computer. but I had the impression you want a classic switch as 'backup'

Tursoe

You can buy a 5$ sonoff relay based on ESP8266, you can easily reprogram it from Arduino IDE. There are several variations of the device, search and find the device there fits your need and use the default firmware or make your own...
https://www.itead.cc/sonoff-wifi-wireless-switch.html

Go Up