Go Down

Topic: Understanding the GSM module. (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Arko97

Hey Guys, I dropped by to understand the GSM module that i've purchased recently. Can't seem to figure out what the pins are used for  :smiley-confuse: .Cannot attach the pics due to restrictions but there are 10 pins situated below the SIM900A modem and they are labelled from top to bottom as follows:- GND,TXD,RXD,VCC,MCP,SPP,SPK,MCN J3,SCL & SDA .Help please  :)

Anket

For what purpose do you need the GSM module..??  tell us y u need it? For messaging or calling purpose??
Depending on that I can tell you..
Messging and calling can be done by powering the GSM module by Vcc and GNd connections..  And txd and RXd for communication between arduino and ur Gsm module.
digital pins 0 and 1 are used for serial communication for arduino so they do not require the library files. But using 0 and 1 pins can give u error while uploading the codes..
While using other digital pins u have to use Softwareserial library..

Anket

SureshKumar2610

Hey Guys, I dropped by to understand the GSM module that i've purchased recently. Can't seem to figure out what the pins are used for  :smiley-confuse: .Cannot attach the pics due to restrictions but there are 10 pins situated below the SIM900A modem and they are labelled from top to bottom as follows:- GND,TXD,RXD,VCC,MCP,SPP,SPK,MCN J3,SCL & SDA .Help please
For what purpose do you need the GSM module..??  tell us y u need it? For messaging or calling purpose??
Depending on that I can tell you..
Messging and calling can be done by powering the GSM module by Vcc and GNd connections..  And txd and RXd for communication between arduino and ur Gsm module.
digital pins 0 and 1 are used for serial communication for arduino so they do not require the library files. But using 0 and 1 pins can give u error while uploading the codes..
While using other digital pins u have to use Softwareserial library..
Connections like this

Arduino --------- GSM
GND--------------GND
TX----------------RX
RX----------------TX
5volt-------------VCC(or you can use separate power supply)

I2C lines
SDA,SCL if you interfacing with micro controller.

J3 maybe jummber for changing the function or based on your board.

I think it is an SPI lines
MCP,SPP,SPK,MCN
My YouTube Channel "Arduino Enthu"

Go Up