Our Thesis

My project is Web-based Home Survelliance Camera,..sorry for my english...our components are wiznet ethernet shield w/out PoE,arduino uno,voice recognition,servo motor,c328 camera..i have my question in ethernet shield...could we put higher voltage in VIN for example, higher than 12v?..i really need it..thanks for advance... :slight_smile:

According to the arduino site "The (uno) board can operate on an external supply of 6 to 20 volts. If supplied with less than 7V, however, the 5V pin may supply less than five volts and the board may be unstable. If using more than 12V, the voltage regulator may overheat and damage the board. The recommended range is 7 to 12 volts." The ethernet shield itself is powered by 5v from the arduino.

Why do you need more than 12v to the vin pin?

You're not expecting the Arduino to send camera data over the Ethernet shield, are you?

Thanks for the reply...

so it means that the input voltage needed by the arduino and ethernet shield is from 7v - 12v...

it is possible that the data coming from c328 camera would flow in ethernet shield of arduino?...

so it means that the input voltage needed by the arduino and ethernet shield is from 7v - 12v...

Yes.

it is possible that the data coming from c328 camera would flow in ethernet shield of arduino?

It is? Is it possible for that camera to deliver data slow enough for the Arduino to read it and send the data via the Ethernet shield someplace? In order to send picture data, you'll need to define, up front, how large the picture data is. Can you do that without reading all the picture data?

i know its hard to directly get the data of c328 camera to ethernet shield...what would be youre advise to me?..is it by using the SD shield?...