Is it possible to read 218 independent inputs?

Many thanks guys!

Sorry for my previous post because I just noticed it doesn't make much sense, as I tried (unsuccesfully) to translate a commom term in my native language :).

Whatever you do this is going to be a large wiring job though.

As a noob, this isn't a big problem, because it seems pretty much easy to understand the functioning of the 'apparatus'. The massive wiring isn't very bad because after that everything will work for sure (i think). I want to avoid the possible unpredictable problems of using a more 'advanced' (complex) method. I know that I will not be able to deal with such problems. I plan to study electronics a little more after this project and then I will try to 'enter the analog world'.

Therefore, correct me if i'm wrong, but if I understand correctly, the whole circuit will be as simple as this:

(scaled to 28 shift registrérs)

And it will be possible to read all the switches into one array at a very high frequency.

This sounds pretty much like a dream to me, because I thought it was going to be much harder. :slight_smile: Will it be possible to use any register on the market? (or should I search for a particular brand/specification?)

Thank you very much guys. You have no idea how much it is important to me! :wink: