QP state machine framework for Arduino

I am very interested in using this framework for my project. I am an experienced but rusty programmer but new to Arduino. I'm used to thinking in higher level object oriented methods, know UML and understand state machines.

Becasue the QP framework uses the timers and interupts of the Arduino does this interfere with other functions that also use times such as Pulse Width Modulation for the built in analogwrite functions or the functions in the standard Servo library?

I am using an ATMega2560 board with the AdaFruit Motor Shield on it and the AFMotor library (which used PWM) and the Servo to control several motors and servos. I've only done simple test code at this point to verify all my hardware works together in a very simple run time environment.

I'd like to make sure there won't be a conflict before investing the time in learning and implementing anything in the QP Framework.

So far I have not been able to find any examples of project using this framework on Arduino, could you point me to any?

Thanks in advance.