Take my rovio for a spin!

I looked into the write_i2c command a long time ago. It would be great except that there is no way to set an I2C device address, it always writes to the camera chip address. Perhaps with some deeeeeeep hacking you could use the memory writing commands to set a new I2C address. But I had hoped to use I2C to bypass the nasty effect that every firmware update moves things around so that memory addresses are no longer valid.

How are multiple connections handled?

it appears that multiple users connected actually all have control at the same time (or can act as spectators). A good portion of the time I've also been connected, just watching as others drive her around. By the way, as I keep referring to it as "Her", she deserves a name, don't you think? Got any thoughts, guys?

By the way, it seems when it docks and at other times, the camera brightness resets to unusable values. This is the simple app I am using, typically I am setting the brightness to .6, min framerate to 1, and AGC ceiling to 3. I leave the contrast. Seems to be the best overall.

Interestingly, the debug command set also includes read and write memory.. so maybe it could be tricked :wink: .. I sure don't want to reverse engineer the embedded application..

If you want to tweak the video values, here's the application to do it. Remember to set the IP/port in the interface.. it's just an HTML form

http://www.robocommunity.com/download/17526/RovioBrighter/

I can't hear you talking, sorry...

I did get my picture taken, I fully expect that to be uploaded

Do you got a funny shaped fan?

Yah... I got it from Lowe's... nice kinda avant garde.

Like the Purple walls?

Thanks for stopping it for me :stuck_out_tongue:

It tends to want to drive to the left, could you look at the wheels and see if they don't have hair caught up in them or something?

Hmm.. will do. Kinda need to vacuum, could just be dust or something. If I remember right, the fan was only like $79, I already had the chain and cord. We like it so much we may be getting a second for our bedroom.

:smiley: I attacked your vacuum cleaner

...and then your foot

...and then you when you tried to tie your shoe :smiley:

best laugh I've had in a long time, thanks!

battery completely croaked on the way back to the base.. give it a few minutes to at least get a bit of a charge. Kill this battery pack, it's spare AA's anyway, I'll be upgrading it soon enough.. well, assuming I can find a reasonable battery for under $20 or so..

Quick- run over a MSP430 Launchpad -or- Pinhead from "Hellraiser"... your choice. Or both :wink:

Not tyler, unfortunately. :smiley: I'm unfamiliar with the rovio, how does it manage to dock itself and get the charger arranged correctly?

yes it does, most of the time.. it's not getting a good charge due to use, but normally does well :slight_smile:

Someone just waved to me :astonished:

That would have been Yours Truly :slight_smile:

Rebooting it atm... seems to have hung/crashed..

update... back online.

what'cha watching?

well, watching Family Guy and having a chill session with the wifey (she's the minor godess you see sitting next to the moronic me.)

So... it's midnight here and we're gonna have a little time to ourselves... going offline, but it'll be charging overnight, for a possible outing again tomorrow, and maybe a "carrying" tour of the historic snowfall here...

She's back online again.. Still looking for name suggestions.. During the coming week, will be working on it further, to see if I can get the audio systems working properly.. after that, it's time to figure out how to piggyback on I2C and connect up an Arduino to expand the functionality..

http://24.60.232.215:9000

Have fun...

Man, I was just watching some sports center then tried to go home and got held up at gun point!

I am getting a server not found error.