16bit DAC parallel bits, AD669

Grumpy_Mike:

Once here I was warned that TRUE/FALSE and HIGH/LOW might some day not be 1/0 so my code should not assume that and won't be compatible. I had to LOL since hey, I should live so long! But then that person advocates using C++ Strings on UNO's and not being hardware-centered.

Yes but two things, one that is rubbish, two he was talking about a chip outputting something, so that means a physical output. Lets see the guardians of C redefine a TTL output.

I'm not sure that person is a he but was talking about source code. I called it garbage too. But perhaps that person doesn't recognize the relation of bits to wire states as anything but incidental or thinks that code now should be compatible to some future age where binary logic is outdated and the crass obfuscation of using tricky operations like XOR will die with the ancient ones who lived close to the metal.
I've seen it in new compsci degree holders back since 87 but we're still here and LOW is still 0 and HIGH is still 1 without any sign of a big change, and XOR is still useful and used!