Windows/Linux/Mac Eclipse plugin to compile and upload arduino sketches

LuiSoares
Your story does not seem consistent to me. From what I see you have not installed the plugin on a regular arduino setup. Look at the include path I added my thoughts

-I"E:/LMIT HW Energia/Wisebox/ECLIPSE_WSP/MCU3/MCU3/MCU3/Ethernet/utility" -> A simple SPI example using Ethernet?
-I"E:/LMIT HW Energia/Wisebox/ECLIPSE_WSP/MCU3/MCU3/MCU3/Wire/utility" -> A simple SPI example and wire?
-I"E:/LMIT HW Energia/Wisebox/ECLIPSE_WSP/MCU3/MCU3/MCU3/SD/utility" -> A simple SPI example and SD?
-I"E:/LMIT HW Energia/Wisebox/ECLIPSE_WSP/MCU3/MCU3/MCU3/SD"
-I"E:/LMIT HW Energia/Wisebox/ECLIPSE_WSP/MCU3/MCU3/Arduino_Uno/arduino" -> this should say hardware\arduino\cores\arduino
-I"E:/LMIT HW Energia/Wisebox/ECLIPSE_WSP/MCU3/MCU3/Arduino_Uno/standard" -> hardware\arduino\variants\standard
-I"E:/LMIT HW Energia/Wisebox/ECLIPSE_WSP/MCU3/leonardo_test"
-I"E:/LMIT HW Energia/Wisebox/ECLIPSE_WSP/MCU3/MCU3/MCU3"
-I"E:/LMIT HW Energia/Wisebox/ECLIPSE_WSP/MCU3/MCU3/MCU3/Wire" -> Again wire?
-I"E:/LMIT HW Energia/Wisebox/ECLIPSE_WSP/MCU3/MCU3/MCU3/SPI" -> Again SPI
-I"E:/LMIT HW Energia/Wisebox/ECLIPSE_WSP/MCU3/MCU3/MCU3/SoftwareSerial" -> I guess you get the point
-I"E:/LMIT HW Energia/Wisebox/ECLIPSE_WSP/MCU3/MCU3/SdFat" -> I guess you get the point
-I"E:/LMIT HW Energia/Wisebox/ECLIPSE_WSP/MCU3/MCU3/MCU3/Stepper" -> I guess you get the point
-I"E:/LMIT HW Energia/Wisebox/ECLIPSE_WSP/MCU3/MCU3/MCU3/Servo" -> I guess you get the point
-I"E:/LMIT HW Energia/Wisebox/ECLIPSE_WSP/MCU3/MCU3/MCU3/LiquidCrystal" -> I guess you get the point
-I"E:/LMIT HW Energia/Wisebox/ECLIPSE_WSP/MCU3/MCU3/MCU3/Firmata" -> I guess you get the point
-I"E:/LMIT HW Energia/Wisebox/ECLIPSE_WSP/MCU3/MCU3/MCU3/Ethernet" -> I guess you get the point
-I"E:/LMIT HW Energia/Wisebox/ECLIPSE_WSP/MCU3/MCU3/MCU3/EEPROM" -> I guess you get the point
-I"E:/LMIT HW Energia/Wisebox/ECLIPSE_WSP/MCU3/MCU3/Wire" -> I guess you get the point
-DARDUINO=101 -> you are running Arduino 1.0.1
-mmcu=atmega328p -> you are running atmega328
"C:/Program Files/arduino-1.0.1/libraries/SPI/SPI.cpp ->trying to compile SPI.CPP

Please look at this demo to understand how to use the plugin.
http://eclipse.baeyens.it/serial_demo.wmv
Best regards
Jantje

tasosstr
The actions you propose should not be necessary
Please look at this demo to understand how to use the plugin.
http://eclipse.baeyens.it/serial_demo.wmv

the only thing that may be needed is
There is a regression bug; which is that the utility folder is not added to the include path.
Select your project->properties->C/C++ general->Paths and symbols select the includes path click add; click workspace; select the utility folder in the ethernet folder. select ok; make sure you have "add to all languages" and "add to all configurations" on. Select OK
Following libraries will need this: Wire;SD and Ethernet

Best regards
Jantje

Hi Jantje,

I don´t have a lot of experience in eclipse, always developed with other IDEs.
I don´t really know how those includes got there... :slight_smile:

I think the problem is the way i imported core librarys from Arduino.

I started all over again...
I created a new project with the ASCIItable example and was able to compile it, upload it and run it normally.

After, i created project TESTE2 which uses the core library EEPROM, is the simple writeEEPROM example.
In this case i get the "unresolve include for EEPROM.H" how can i import or include in the path the path for EEPROM.H?

Best regards

Luis
Please watch this movie http://eclipse.baeyens.it/serial_demo.wmv

Best regards
Jantje

On the pc i have internet connection it is working perfect ( i was import the library with Right click on left panel i was import and compile well ), before i delete from the library folders the examples and the text files i got error and not hex file, when i delete all fine :slight_smile: i thing was the version 1.2.5.2

For the manual plugin i found this http://agile.csc.ncsu.edu/SEMaterials/tutorials/install_plugin/index_v35.html but no success yet.:frowning: i will continue i hope to find something.

Jantje i had watched it several times, and once again when you asked it

But the problem i was having it was not addressed in the video.

I ended up importing the EEPROM library and it worked (File->Import), i thought it wouldn´t be necessary to import core libraries into your project for it to work.

Few last words, really like one feature that this plugin has, multiple serial monitors at the same time with color. I have 3 processors onboard that interact... :slight_smile: really eases the debugging
Thanks for the effort

Hello Dear Jantje,

From the search i do it i found this Help - Eclipse Platform

I was try to do it but quick i see for to do this i must be have the code, so only you you can export as zip and upload somewhere if you can.

Thank you in advance.

tasosstr
this plugin is open source (really)
you can download al code at GitHub - Sloeber/arduino-eclipse-plugin: A plugin to make programming the arduino in eclipse easy
Best regards
Jantje

Hello Dear Jantje,

Thank you very much for the reply! ! ! :slight_smile:

This is the plugin local input ? or the code for the plugin ?

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
Tasos

tasosstr:
This is the plugin local input ?

I'm not sure what you mean by this.
For me it is all the source code and the web site
Best regards
Jantje

Hi again :slight_smile:

I was try install as local zip
Steps: Help -->
Install New Software -->
Add -->
Archive...

and i get the below message:

Error contact site.

No software site found at jar:file:/C:/users...../Desktop/jantje-arduino-eclipse-plugin-62a4754.zip!/. Do you wish to edit the location?

Kind Regards,
Tasos

I guess you forgot to build the code 8)
Best regards
Jantje

I gess too my friend 8)

Please can you tell me how to load the code so after to build it ?

I mean i have to extract the zip file or i can load it like zip ?

How i can load it as a plugin project ?

Thank in advance.

Kind Regards,
Tasos

you will have to open it with eclipse with java develoment and PDE plugin
Then it should automatically build
There is a project named "update site"
once it has build the project update site is you location to install te plugin.
you can zip that folder and send it to the other pc.
Good luck
Tell me when you have succeeded
Best regards
Jantje

You are a Star ! ! ! :slight_smile:

I am downloading now the java and when i finish i will update you :slight_smile:

Thank you very much again ! ! ! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
Tasos

Hello Dear Jantje,

Because i don't have make again (plugin create), and i don't have any experience of java, i will start find for tutorials and examples to understand how this working so i can make and this for me. :slight_smile:

I have the eclipse indigo, should i use this or i must download any other version or i can use - add plugin install ...

I am sorry if i have tired with my so many questions, i thing was something very simple, e.g. you open the file, select destination and type (e.g. zip or jar) and then build.

Thank you very much again my friend.

Kind regards,
Tasos

Hello again :slight_smile:

I didn't have too much time to get all the details i wish but i got a good progress

i was install everything on windows 7 32bit (before i have try this on a 64bit) and copy everything include and the workwspace folder i was start a new project and works 8)

The only thing is not working (and i would like to have it) is the autocomple code, do you know how to enable it ?

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,
Tasos

tasos
I hadn't thought about copying your eclipse environment. It looks like a good idea to solve your problem to me.
What do you mean with autocomple ?
If you mean: auto complete; I have no clue why it is not working.
If you mean: auto compile; Only the indexer auto compiles 'out of the box'. I have never looked into having real autocompile.

Best regards
jantje

Hi!

Thank you for a great plugin, it's the best.

I rescntly bought a new computer and i install Ubuntu 12.04 64bit, Eclipse Juno and your plugin. Now I have som problems when I write my "arduino code" in eclipse. After reading everthing I could find on the web I thought I maby could get some help here.

When i try to do pinMode(13, OUTPUT); eclipse tells me :

Invalid arguments '
Candidates are:
void pinMode(?, ?)
'
I have followed the install guide and tried to reinstall the plugin, but with no success. Please help me..... =(

maddmax
First of all: I never heard of something like this. My second thought is that your description is open to many interpretations. So please provide some more info.

For instance when you say "eclipse tells me" do you mean the indexer, in the console output or in the problem window?
I would like to see a screenshot of where you get the error. Preferably the whole eclipse window.
Have you seen this video? http://eclipse.baeyens.it/serial_demo.wmv it shows you how it works.
Which version of the eclipse plugin have you installed?
Probably unrelated: do you really need 64 bit eclipse? 32 bit has proven to be more stable.
Best regards
Jantje