Go Down

Topic: Atmega chip programmer (by Nick Gammon) (Read 126 times) previous topic - next topic

Insiduous

Ah, well... So, last year all was well: Nicks sketches worked great and I insured all my new 328p's had nice little Optiboots.

Between then and now I installed at least one new Arduino IDE, and I admit the things are vastly better, (considering the horrible colors and such). Well, today I decided to burn at least one of the forths I've been gathering. Um.. Well.. OK, I tried to burn them and run them, (2 fails and a wtf?).

So, being tidy, I decide "Let's reinstall bootloaders and store the chips again" - D'OH!

Nicks' Detector still built and works, and it was seeing both the Uno and the ISP shield I hacked up. OK, good.
However, Arduino-IDE 1.6.8 it was choking and puking at the linker with the Board-Programmer.. At least 3 messages about missing and duplicate symbols.

I did manage to get all my 'resetting' done with the GI-issue "arduinoISP", (after a few hours of cursing and chipping swapping, etc). But, I thought I should try to contact Nick and post it for others.

Of course, as I sat here typing I was going to try to compile it again to cut&paste the messages.. Umm.. Don't ask me what or how, but the sketch built again, exactly as it used to build. It uploaded, and as I was typing to was busy trying to find a connected board (which it could not, as I put the shield 5' away).

So, at the same time: Apologies for a wasted post and I hope this helps someone else.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy