making pwm pins together

Not to steal the thread, but is this really something people would like? A Diecimila clone with the second digital header on 0.100" centers? Seems to me like this should be an easy enough modification to any of the Freeduino clones. If, lets say, 8 people PM me and express their interest, I'll make one.

Fortunately most freeduino variants i know are breadboard versions. No chance for whatever odd spacings there.

I don't think the problem is creating a 0.1'' freeduino alternative. The official boards still are and should be the standard in my opinion. now, if i were to produce or release the files for a shield design i'd have to decide whether i want to make it "arduino compatible" or not by making it DIY-friendly.

i got the negative impression that the "spacing bug" has been built-in to bind users and sell 3rd-party-licenses or genuine add-ons.
i'm not into the name licensing discussion, nor do i want to discredit the arduino business plan. It's just that i'd like to have an open standard. And i want to be able to use standard prototyping boards without having my shields look like i can't solder.

|||||||| //////// >:(