Go Down

Topic: Arduino 101 alternative IDE (Read 585 times) previous topic - next topic

S_v_L

Hello all,

What is an alternative IDE to use with the Arduino 101? I presume the Atmel Studio will not work as the 101 has an Intel chip?
Will Visual Micro (not really a fan here) work? Or something on Eclipse?
My project is growing rather large, so I'd like a bit more sophisticated IDE.

Thanks in advance,
Sander

artisticforge

Hello all,

What is an alternative IDE to use with the Arduino 101? I presume the Atmel Studio will not work as the 101 has an Intel chip?
Will Visual Micro (not really a fan here) work? Or something on Eclipse?
My project is growing rather large, so I'd like a bit more sophisticated IDE.

Thanks in advance,
Sander
Given that the Arduino 101 is no longer in production and that it used the Intel Curio chip I doubt that there is an alternative IDE.

I know of nothing for Linux or MacOSX, I do not do MS Windows so I cannot speak on that.
><>

ballscrewbob

The 101 will continue to be produced according to Massimo.
I just purchased another one very very recently.

Most alternative IDE's will require something similar to the "board manager" to enable the board in whichever environment you choose to program from.

Intel has some tools that will maybe help with that so a trip to the Intel site might be worth some of your time.

SLOEBER looks to be a good candidate for allowing access to the Intel boards via Eclipse.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Go Up