Changing baud value of this USB HOST

Hi all!

I'm using this fantastic USB host for reading the keyboard input and sending it via serial communication to the arduino.

Now I need a faster baud range but from the website I see the commands but I was not able to get how to send these commands to the shield (connected via serial port to my arduino).

Should I send the commands via serial communication (using the arduino as a mean) or should I use a different mechanism?

Thank you

Bjack795:
Hi all!

I'm using this fantastic USB host for reading the keyboard input and sending it via serial communication to the arduino.

Now I need a faster baud range but from the website I see the commands but I was not able to get how to send these commands to the shield (connected via serial port to my arduino).

Should I send the commands via serial communication (using the arduino as a mean) or should I use a different mechanism?

Thank you

That is how I read the specs. Send at the default 9600. Once you change the baud rate, you will have to use the new baud rate if you want to change to another rate, or make other parameter changes.

Of course, you have to have the keyboard powered up with 5.o volts.

Paul

Paul_KD7HB:
That is how I read the specs. Send at the default 9600. Once you change the baud rate, you will have to use the new baud rate if you want to change to another rate, or make other parameter changes.

Of course, you have to have the keyboard powered up with 5.o volts.

Paul

I've used it connected via HardwareSerial for reading the ascii values.
With the same pin layout I tried what you were saying so sending the commands instead of receiving information

HardwareSerial Keyboard(1);

void setup() {
      Keyboard.begin(9600,SERIAL_8N1, PIN_RX, PIN_TX);
      Keyboard.print("BAUD <115200>");
}

But it didn't work.

Bjack795:
I've used it connected via HardwareSerial for reading the ascii values.
With the same pin layout I tried what you were saying so sending the commands instead of receiving information

HardwareSerial Keyboard(1);

void setup() {
      Keyboard.begin(9600,SERIAL_8N1, PIN_RX, PIN_TX);
      Keyboard.print("BAUD <115200>");
}

But it didn't work.

I don't understand what you are doing. There are 4 possible baud rates the controller can be set to and 115200 is not one of them. The highest is 34800.

See PD164 in the documentation.

Paul

Configuration
The USB Host board will generate ASCII characters at the following baud rates

9600 (default)
The default baud rate is 9600

This is what is written on the website I linked.

Anyways I solved it, just sending "BAUD 115200" command in loop function and not in Setup, since the board was receiving something like "AUD" or "BA" etc..

The solution was spamming to the board the command till the sintax transmitted to the board arrived correctly.

Ok! Glad you figured it out.

I was looking at a PDF for another Arduino posting and thought it was for your project. Getting old!

Paul