Eagle - board holes in library parts?

Is it possible to define a board cutout in a library part that is not just a round drill hole? More specifically a square hole or slot?

Would just drawing a shape on the Dimension layer be sufficient, or is this going to be down to the fab house in the end?

remeber when you make a hole, it has to be cut with something,

qed, make certain the hole has round corners so it can be routed,
and has low stress,

A hole adds big cot, if you MUST have a square, its even more expensive to make,

as for the original question, sorry I dont use Eagle,
have a chat with your board manufacturer

Sure - in eagle use the #20 dimension layer, it's the layer that makes the board shape.
I've used that to make crescent shaped boards with cutouts at a couple places in the outer perimiter where the board sat around existing posts.

Just to clarify - this is not about making an irregular shaped board overall, it's about including slot / milling info in a specific component in the library, so every time you place the component you get the extra milling.

It 'seems' to work if you just draw wires on layer 20 in the package design (from looking at the Gerbers), I just wasn't sure if this was a 'legal' thing to do...

If the Gerber data ends up the way you want it to, I would say yes.

You just have to draw on layer 20 in the library.

I do this all the time when I have a specific enclosure that I want to make a board for. I make a library part which is the board outline for that enclosure and that way I can just add the library part and the board outline is there without having to redraw it each time.

Thanks!