Go Down

Topic: Vibration data transfer (Read 133 times) previous topic - next topic

Shaggy74

i am looking at building a circuit that would receive vibration data from a sensor that is fitted to a dc motor.

it would then store the data before transferring the vibration data via Bluetooth to a laptop/tablet.

I was wondering if this idea is actually feasible?

If so how would be the best way to achieve this? My electronic knowledge is somewhat low but I have researched various options of accelerometers/sensors to use and numerous different pcbs, I just need an expert opinion as to the best components to use to achieve a working circuit

Thank you in advance for any help

Best regards

Mark sheldon

pert

So you have 3 main parts to the project:

• Sense vibration. It might be helpful if you gave more details about this vibration you're trying to measure.
  • Store data: How much data do you need to store?
  • Transfer data via Bluetooth: This part of the project is quite feasible and you will find tons of information/examples/tutorials for that part of the project.

AWOL

"Pete, it's a fool (who) looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.
I speak for myself, not Arduino.

lastchancename

Look into piezo transducers (and protecting the micro input pin!)

That might offer enough signal to detect the vibration, then you have to filter & process the piezo voltage to identify when too much is more than enough.
Ask the right question, which can be hard for beginners, but this doesn't mean that google is broken.
Experienced responders have a nose for laziness, (they were beginners once)... expecting the poster to contribute to the learning experience.

dave-in-nj

step #1 is to pick a sensor that has some response to the thing you want to measure.    high speed vibration is one, a low vibration is a whole different type.

Go Up