Go Down

Topic: Vibration data transfer (Read 99 times) previous topic - next topic

Shaggy74

i am looking at building a circuit that would receive vibration data from a sensor that is fitted to a dc motor.

it would then store the data before transferring the vibration data via Bluetooth to a laptop/tablet.

I was wondering if this idea is actually feasible?

If so how would be the best way to achieve this? My electronic knowledge is somewhat low but I have researched various options of accelerometers/sensors to use and numerous different pcbs, I just need an expert opinion as to the best components to use to achieve a working circuit

Thank you in advance for any help

Best regards

Mark sheldon

pert

So you have 3 main parts to the project:

• Sense vibration. It might be helpful if you gave more details about this vibration you're trying to measure.
  • Store data: How much data do you need to store?
  • Transfer data via Bluetooth: This part of the project is quite feasible and you will find tons of information/examples/tutorials for that part of the project.

AWOL

"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.
I speak for myself, not Arduino.

lastchancename

Look into piezo transducers (and protecting the micro input pin!)

That might offer enough signal to detect the vibration, then you have to filter & process the piezo voltage to identify when too much is more than enough.
Q: How many searches did you make before posting this question?      A: none
At the very least, take a guess at the solution, then we can help move forward from what you know already.

dave-in-nj

step #1 is to pick a sensor that has some response to the thing you want to measure.    high speed vibration is one, a low vibration is a whole different type.

Go Up