USB Bluetooth modules?

I know there are bluetooth add on things for the arduino, but I was curious as to if it was possible to just rectify a USB bluetooth adaptor for use? I'm obviously asking as I dont know enough to understand why you wouldnt use one.

I just thought that after buying one on ebay for £1.24 the other day which was so tiny, it seemed like the perfect little add on for an arduino if it was possible.

Obviously its not that simple but I'd quite like to know why :slight_smile:

even count one arduino, i.e. Due has USB host mode, u could hook up it will bluetooth stick. However u only get 1/2 done. other 1/2 is driver. There are no driver for it.

only way is add raspberry pi as shield, most bluetooth chipset is supported by linux if not all. connect arduino via usb cable with pi. plus raspberry pi shield support multiple arduinos connect with it. But maximum number is 127. raspberry pi shield is universal shield, u could use it as ethernet shield, wifi shield, rfid shield, wimax shield. raspberry pi is run standard debian or archlinuxarm. which allow load processing , web server, sql server, nosql server. voip server. Here turn it to multiple application servers.

raspberry pi shield is N+N+N shield, and only cost 25.00/35.00 USD

one more thing, u don't need raspberry pi to prove I am right.
all u need is old intel/amd computer, load debian wheezy or archlinux to kick start.

funny you should mention the pi as I have one of those too and infact the whole idea was for the arduino to be a sensor array outside the housemaid Bluetooth it's data to my pi inside the house. I did wonder if the driver might be the problem.

funny you should mention the pi as I have one of those too and infact the whole idea was for the arduino to be a sensor array outside the housemaid Bluetooth it's data to my pi inside the house. I did wonder if the driver might be the problem.

may be I misread, What I mean the pi direct to arduino via usb, pi has a Bluetooth usb stick communication with laptop or PC with bluetooth ataptor.

No no what I was getting at is I have both a Pi and Arduino, the Pi will be indoors being a PC the arduino will be outside on its own, but send data to the Pi via bluetooth. I dont want several Pi's as they arent exactly cheap.

My USB Host Shield 2.0 for Arduino supports Bluetooth SPP as well as HID for select game controllers like Sony PS, Nintendo, etc. -> https://www.circuitsathome.com/category/mcu/arduino/usb-shield/bluetooth

Well thats quite a cool little module, but looking at cost its almost on par with actually buying an Xbee module, although it actually has more potential as you could use any manor of usb interface with that.