Is starter kit the proper choice for me?

Hello everyone! My name is George from Greece, and I'm a 1st level student of Computer Science. About a month ago, for an assignment in a class, we had to watch some TED talks and write a reflective report on it. One of them was a presentation by Massimo Banzi on arduino, and it got me really interested in it, and I started snooping around. Now I came across an offer on stacksocial, that got me at it again. So, I am really wondering on what and how I should start off.

The starter kit seems pretty complete, and I guess that after you use it for the "exercises" you can still use all the material for other projects. My knowledge in programming is pretty basic. I do know the basics of java and python but that's about it.

What is your opinion, should I go for a starter kit, or get something else? What I'm worried about with buying something else is that I will be lost in the plethora of choices and materials that will be needed besides which ever arduino board I get. On the other hand, the starter kit seems a bit pricy. I mean the rev. 3 board costs around 25$ yet the starter kit is 95$+vat.

Finally, what do you think about the course? Usefull or not?

Thanks all in advance, for taking time to read my post! :slight_smile:

Edit: I would also like to ask how the starter kit is applicable to further projects. From what I understand the projects on the starter kit are mainly static input/output. Can components be used later on in robotics, for example?

I bought the starter kit a year ago, and i thought that was kinda expensive, but in other hand you will have everything you need to start your journey, and all the components can be used later in other projects.

Keep in mind that the price of the starter kit includes several componets too and the book that will help you thru the projects.

And remember, like you said at the beggining without a good guidance or a good kit you will be lost in the plethora of choices.

Sorry for my rusty english :wink:

Dear lawd all these answers. Thanks alot everyone.

Its more then worth it !