count++ on the Loop Section

Hello everyone, i have found this sketch on the internet:

int count=0;
void loop() 
{
  count++;

sampleTimePID = (micros()-timer)/1000000.0/CC_FACTOR; // in Seconds!
  timer = micros();

// Update raw Gyro
  updateRawGyroData(&gyroRoll,&gyroPitch);

// Update ACC data approximately at 50Hz to save calculation time.
  if(count == 20)
  {
    mpu.getAcceleration(&x_val,&y_val,&z_val);

sampleTimeACC = (micros()-timerACC)/1000.0/CC_FACTOR; // in Seconds * 1000.0 to account for factor 1000 in parameters
    timerACC=timer;
    //{Serial.print(sampleTimeACC,5);Serial.print(" ");Serial.println(sampleTimePID,5);}  
  }
  if(count == 21) rollAngleACC =atan2(-y_val,-z_val)*57.2957795;
  if(count == 22)
  {
     pitchAngleACC =-atan2(-x_val,-z_val)*57.2957795;
     count=0;
  }

//Serial.println( (micros()-timer)/CC_FACTOR);

gyroRoll = gyroRoll + config.accelWeight * (rollAngleACC - rollSetpoint)/sampleTimeACC;
  gyroPitch = gyroPitch + config.accelWeight * (pitchAngleACC - pitchSetpoint)/sampleTimeACC;
  pitchPID = ComputePID(sampleTimePID,gyroPitch,0.0, &pitchErrorSum, &pitchErrorOld,config.gyroPitchKp,config.gyroPitchKi,config.gyroPitchKd,maxDegPerSecondPitch);
  rollPID = ComputePID(sampleTimePID,gyroRoll,0.0, &rollErrorSum, &rollErrorOld,config.gyroRollKp,config.gyroRollKi,config.gyroRollKd,maxDegPerSecondRoll);

pitchDevider = constrain(maxDegPerSecondPitch / (pitchPID + 0.000001), -15000,15000);
  pitchDirection = sgn(pitchDevider) * config.dirMotorPitch;
  rollDevider = constrain(maxDegPerSecondRoll / (rollPID + 0.000001), -15000,15000);
  rollDirection = sgn(rollDevider) * config.dirMotorRoll;
//  Serial.println(freeRam ());

sCmd.readSerial(); 
}

The Sketch main function is to read MPU6050 data. But from that code, I can not understand about "count'". On the Loop section, there is some "count" code, like:

count++; 
if(count == 21) rollAngleACC =atan2(-y_val,-z_val)*57.2957795;
  if(count == 22)
  {
     count=0;
  }
count=0;

My question is: What the function of "count" code? And what is the different is we not use "count" on the loop section?

Thank You..

Oh, i found similiar code on the ISR function too. They are "freqCounter", "deviderCountPitch", and "deviderCountRoll" :

ISR( TIMER1_OVF_vect )
{
  freqCounter++;
  if(freqCounter==(CC_FACTOR/MOTORUPDATE_FREQ))
  {

// Move pitch and roll Motor
    deviderCountPitch++;
    if(deviderCountPitch  >= abs(pitchDevider))
    {
      fastMoveMotor(MOTOR_PITCH, pitchDirection); 
      deviderCountPitch=0;
    }

deviderCountRoll++;
    if(deviderCountRoll >= abs(rollDevider))
    {
      fastMoveMotor(MOTOR_ROLL, rollDirection); 
      deviderCountRoll=0;
    }
    freqCounter=0;
  }
}

count++; increments the count variable by 1. Later it's being tested if it matches some value (e.g. 21) and if so there's some operation performed.

JarkkoL:
count++; increments the count variable by 1. Later it's being tested if it matches some value (e.g. 21) and if so there's some operation performed.

Thanks for replying JarkkoL..
So count++ will increment the count variable by 1. But, how quick it will count? Is it based on looping frequency? And what the different if i not use "count" on the loop section?

But, how quick it will count?

That depends on what else the processor has to do in between one execution of the "count++" and the next.
The instruction itself should take well under a microsecond for an "int"

mamette:
So count++ will increment the count variable by 1. But, how quick it will count? Is it based on looping frequency?

it will increase by one each time the code "passes" on that point.
So let's say your void loop runs once a second, then count will increase once a second. If void loop runs 100 times a second then it will increase 100 times in one second.
I think you get the idea... :wink:

if there would be no other commands, it would increase forever (on a rate of +1 per void loop).
But later on the code you have some if statments to check what is the value of count, like this one:

if(count == 22)
  {
     count=0;
  }

So here if count is equal to 22 that piece of code between the {} will run. It will first perform an action (pitchAngleACC =-atan2(-x_val,-z_val)*57.2957795;) and then it will reset the count to 0, so it will all start from the beginning.

mamette:
And what the different if i not use "count" on the loop section?

Hmmm, maybe i understood your question wrong, but you can use whatever name you want for that function. You can call it "count", you can call it "blueBalls" or "anyOtherName", you just need to remember to always refer to it by the right name that you used before.