Going beyond breadboard

Hello,
I've assembled a weather observing station and have it gathering data. Now I'd like to assemble a few more to use in other locations, or for other geek friends to use. I have NO experience in laying out or making a PCB. Can anyone recommend a reference or how-to book for building a more permanent circuit?

I haven't made the jump to PCB's yet, but many people use Eagle for laying out the design. http://www.cadsoftusa.com/ After breadboarding a permament project I usually solder into onto proto board. The one's from Adafruit are quite nice. Adafruit Perma-Proto Half-sized Breadboard PCB - 3 Pack! : ID 571 : $12.50 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits

Sparkfun has a set of tutorials on using eagle to make a PCB.

Or you can ask someone experienced to do it for you. Converting an existing arduino design into a board with some custom connectors layed out or similar only takes an hour or two if you have a working design already. Then can send off to iteadstudio for 10 boards for $24.90 plus shipping.

SparkFun Tutorials Embeded electronics 8 9 and 10 is the ones that you'd need for EAGLE PCB

Print them off at seeed studio, 10 bucks for 10 boards (5x5cm) is a great deal!