Go Down

Topic: Bricked or something like with Arduino UNO (Read 146 times) previous topic - next topic

astroluzz

Hi, I was uploading a program with Arduino app from Mac os X to my Arduino uno (ATMEL MEGA 328P CH340G chinese clone) and the program was too much big. I try to reduce the program, but when I try to upload again to arduino, all time wrong. It says

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00

until

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00

when I connect the arduino to a power, the built-in led-pin 13 ON is always ON. And the led 'L' is always ON. When I try to upload a sketch, nothing happens. No leds blinking, nothing ... Always led 13 and 'L' ON, only.

I try push built-in reset button, but nothing happens.

Please, help!! what can I do?

sterretje

I suspect that you have managed to (partially) overwrite the boot loader. You will need to burn the boot loader and see if that fixes the issue.
If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

astroluzz

Omffffggggg I suspected the same ....
ok, so, is there any way to burn the bootloader without any other device? Just with the computer, with Mac OS X? I believe not but ... I am newbie with arduino.
And other question. Why this can be possible? Overwrite the bootloader uploading a sketch with the arduino ide? Do not has the arduino IDE any protection to not overwrite the bootloader when you try upload a too much big sketch? How can avoid this to not happens again?
Thanks.

Go Up