Proposed "sticky" : How to use this forum

Nick, this is spot on with what is needed.
I was about to write a similar post as this, but having just seen this with all the details, you have saved me a heap of time.

The only problem I see with a sticky is that it is not in your face, there are many people who have a problem want an answer fast and they bypass the reading of any sticky. Then it is us who then every time go through the same process of explaining to them some basic concepts, such as how about using CODE brackets or how about even showing us your code.

I was also thinking, how difficult would it be that when a person posts a new topic, he/she will need to go through some check list in an effort to try to make sure the post is posted in the relevant section and that the poster has supplied enough detail in their first post. It will take an extra moment or two, but it will probably tend to sort out the folks who are after a 'Plz help me or I will fail my exam' type'.

In the Home Automation and Network Objects section, I am seeing more posts that I believe should not belong there. Their questions are more aimed at basic fundamental electronics or other circuitry that would be better suited in other sections. The poster must wonder why they get very little response. I guess the same is happening in other section as well.

It appears to me more 'newbies' and or 'noobs' are on active the forum, the humble Arduino is more popular by the day, but that they are many total 'noobs' in forum use as well.

Yes Nick, your idea would be a real step in the right direction, I appreciate the effort you have put into writing your idea up.

Regards,
Paul

P.S.

Nick wrote:
10. Post in proper sentences

This is a forum you are using, not a mobile phone.

As a courtesy to the people you are hoping to have help you, type complete sentences. That is:

Start with a capital letter.
Spell words properly.
Finish with a period (full-stop). (Just the one, thanks!)

Oh yes, I could not agree more and I feel irritated when I see such laziness.
There seems to be a lot of folk who lack articulation in any form of language, extra nooby!