Cheap PCB Fabricate Service(Color Free) !!

Hi all,
We are Elecrow, which located in ShenZhen, China. We supply competitive prototype Fusion PCB service. Now, You don't need pay extra fees for your PCB's color any more! There are 6 colors for select - Green, Red, Blue, Yellow, White, Black, all colors are free! You can select the color you like and make your design more sexy. Besides, all boards are 100%E-Test, of course, this is also free.
We supply:

• 2 Layer 10 * 10cm Max with 10pcs.
  • 2 Layer 20 * 20cm Max - 5/10pcs (Color Free). In here, the price of 5pcs absolute will make you surprised.
  • 2 Layer 20cm * 20cm Max - 50pcs.

The attachments are the picture of our manufactured PCBs, For more details please visit http://www.elecrow.com/services-c-73/.

We supply world wide shipping, the turn around time is 7-10days(For DHL) or 15-25days(For Airmail). For more detail, you can visit www.elecrow.com. Thank you!

• 2 Layer 10 * 10cm Max with 10pcs is starting at $9.9.

yet when I choose a 10x10cm board it has a +14$ addition so its actually 23.90? with no additional options

thats still pretty good, but right away I am not keen to use your service as I dont like playing word games

Osgeld:

• 2 Layer 10 * 10cm Max with 10pcs is starting at $9.9.

yet when I choose a 10x10cm board it has a +14$ addition so its actually 23.90? with no additional options

thats still pretty good, but right away I am not keen to use your service as I dont like playing word games

Sorry, It's my fault! I have modified the post.

More interested when the site gets updated, cause honestly I dont know what I am getting, if I choose 10x10 on the site, click 5x5 in the box, order, it says 10x10 in the cart for 9.90

but if I click on 10x10 on the site, 10x10 in the box, order it says 10x10 for 23.90

so I have 2 10x10 items in my cart for two totally different prices

Please clarify the pricing here.

I just had a look at the site and all options say $9.90.

Can you tell us, without hidden prices, how much board size is.

Can we panelise and, if so, what are the rules, if any?

It looks virtually identical to the Seeedstudio service.

Seedstudio allow panelising with their service, but limit to 5 pcb's per panel. I have a design that would be nice to get 8 on a 100 x 100 panel.

If this was allowed the I'd definitely be interested in submitting some test designs in the next couple of days if you can clarify the above points.

Hi Tack,

tack:
Please clarify the pricing here.

I just had a look at the site and all options say $9.90.

Can you tell us, without hidden prices, how much board size is.

We really don't want play a word game, all options says $9.90 is because of the method of calculation is do complex, our website still can't deal with this problem. The price is on the basis of $9.9, different option will add different prices on this basis.
Because at the beginning I thought just put the most important imformation in this topic is enought, if people need detail, they will visit the website and got the detail. It looks like I was wrong.. hah.
Here are the prices for usual dimensions, I am still recommand you visit our website http://www.elecrow.com/services-c-73/ to get more details. All prices are base on 2 layer, 1.6mm thickness, Hasl surface finish, and 100% E-Test, colors are free.
5 * 5cm 10pcs $9.9
5 * 10cm 10pcs $23.9 weight + 60g
10 * 10cm 10pcs $23.9 weight + 100g
5 * 15cm 5pcs $29.4, If your boards are used as prototype, we recommend you select 5pcs, not only for environmental protection but also it will cheaper a lot than 10pcs.
5 * 20cm 5pcs $37.9
10 * 15cm 5pcs $42.9
5 * 5cm 50pcs $37.9
5 * 10cm 50pcs $69.9
10 * 10cm 50pcs $101.9

tack:
Can we panelise and, if so, what are the rules, if any?

It looks virtually identical to the Seeedstudio service.

Seedstudio allow panelising with their service, but limit to 5 pcb's per panel. I have a design that would be nice to get 8 on a 100 x 100 panel.

It is allow to panelising, but the sub-boards should only be separated by the silkscreen, please note that it means you have to cut the board by yourself. Using any holes or slots to separate the sub-boards is not permitted. The quatity for this kind of panelising is not limit, so put 8 on 10*10cm panel is ok, because we regard this as one board, but the board too small will difficult to cut. May be someone would ask, why the sub-boards should only be separated by the silkscreen? In fact, using holes or slots to separate the sub-boards are ok, all our microcontroler boards are manufactured by panelising, just like the first picture of the attachments. but it may increase fees, and the calculation of price is complex. If there are enough people need this kind of panelising(using holes or slots to separate the sub-boards), we will consider bring out this service.

tack:
If this was allowed the I'd definitely be interested in submitting some test designs in the next couple of days if you can clarify the above points.

Welcome to come Elecrow, you can click the 'contact with us' which in the right bottom of the website to chat with us online, we will give you the best service.

I see that your trying, but I dont see how text on a computer saying 5x5 price = 9.90 is any harder than text on a computer saying10x10, price = 9.90, which is flat out false

here
http://www.elecrow.com/services-c-73/

you have 3 simple html links, change the prices to reflect what they actually are, and dont have the dumb drop down box in ordering if someone clicks a specific size if thats too complicated, cilck a 10x10 board? fine only deal with the 10x10 size and dont give the option for other sizes (and add a 4th for 5x5)

not that hard

for reference, here is the people I usually get my home project PCB's from

http://imall.iteadstudio.com/open-pcb/pcb-prototyping.html

if i want 10 5x5 boards, its right there with a clear price, and if I click on it it takes me to a page just for that product, if I decide thats too small I go back and choose a different size

Osgeld:
I see that your trying, but I dont see how text on a computer saying 5x5 price = 9.90 is any harder than text on a computer saying10x10, price = 9.90, which is flat out false

here
http://www.elecrow.com/services-c-73/

you have 3 simple html links, change the prices to reflect what they actually are, and dont have the dumb drop down box in ordering if someone clicks a specific size if thats too complicated, cilck a 10x10 board? fine only deal with the 10x10 size and dont give the option for other sizes (and add a 4th for 5x5)

not that hard

:cold_sweat: Actually, our company was spend lot of time to discussed this problem.. Finally get this best format(just our Wishful thinking.. :blush:) to show the services. Thank you for your suggestion! we will reconsider this problem.

Your site is confusing!

Tell me how much these would cost please.

106.05 x 110.36 PCB
double-sided
ENIG surface finish
Gold Fingers (routed, card edge x 15 x 2 sides)

I dont understand, in the front page http://www.elecrow.com/services-c-73/
It says...

2 Layer 10 * 10cm Max - 10pcs (Color Free)
This service provides quick and high quality PCB fabrication experience for worldwide hobbyists. In this service, you...
$9.90

... more info

However, this is FALSE ! When you choose a 10x10 board it adds +14$.

maybe I am not understanding something but definately if I read 10x10 board for 9.90 I dont expect to select this board and get a higher price

Sergegsx:
I dont understand, in the front page http://www.elecrow.com/services-c-73/
It says...

2 Layer 10 * 10cm Max - 10pcs (Color Free)

This service provides quick and high quality PCB fabrication experience for worldwide hobbyists. In this service, you...
$9.90

... more info

However, this is FALSE ! When you choose a 10x10 board it adds +14$.

maybe I am not understanding something but definately if I read 10x10 board for 9.90 I dont expect to select this board and get a higher price

Sorry for cause this confusing, please give us a little time, we will fix this problem ASAP!

vasquo:
Your site is confusing!

106.05 x 110.36 PCB
double-sided
ENIG surface finish

Sorry for cause inconvenience, we will fix the mistake as soon as possible!
For your case, it need you to select 15cm * 15cm dimension($72.9), ENIG surface finish(+$19), total price is $72.9 + $19 = $91.9 for 5pcs. If you need 10pcs, it will need extra $18, you can order it in here. Thank you.

Elecrow:

vasquo:
Your site is confusing!

106.05 x 110.36 PCB
double-sided
ENIG surface finish

Sorry for cause inconvenience, we will fix the mistake as soon as possible!
For your case, it need you to select 15cm * 15cm dimension($72.9), ENIG surface finish(+$19), total price is $72.9 + $19 = $91.9 for 5pcs. If you need 10pcs, it will need extra $18, you can order it in here. Thank you.

Shipping is free, correct?

Will I be getting a 15cmx15cm PCB, or will you be cutting the PCB to correct size and outline (with edge connector, etc.)?

vasquo:
Shipping is free, correct?
Will I be getting a 15cmx15cm PCB, or will you be cutting the PCB to correct size and outline (with edge connector, etc.)?

Yes, for order over $50, we offer the free Registered Air mail shipping. The dimension is base on your design dimension, for example, if your board is 106.05 x 110.36mm, you will get a 106.05 x 110.36mm board.

Yes, the options on the site are quite confusing.

I agree it would probably be better to lump together items of the same initial price:-

Up to 50 x 50 (10 Off) @ $9.90
Up to 100 x 100 (10 Off) @ $24.90
etc

As said, seeing up to 100 x 100 from $9.90 looks misleading when you click it and get a price of $14.90

It's one thing adding additional options to increase from a base price, but you DON'T do a 100 x 100 staring at $9.90, it's a smaller size.

Only one other thing I've noticed when looking at shipping. Prices to the UK are just over $1 more on shipping than the Seeedstudio service. For a prototype with all standard options for colour and test etc, this means SS come in slightly cheaper.

I'm happy that the site issues are just presentation, with no intention to mislead, so I'll definitely try and order and give the blue or red colours a try.

I've placed an order for 10 Off 100mm x 100mm boards, so I'll report back here once they arrive.

The total price to the UK was $23.90 + $6.34 shipping, equating to a total payment of £18.91 Sterling.

I've had some smaller boards via Seeedstudio, which is the same Fusion PCB service, so I'm expecting these back at the same quality, which was very good.

Update:

I placed an order with Elecrow just after midnight on Wednesday morning for the following:-

10 off 100mm x 100mm 2 Layer PCB
Red Soldermask
100% E-Test

00:34 Wed 30th Jan - Automated confirmation email of my submitted order.
01:38 Wed 30th Jan - Update email to say an engineer was checking the Gerber files and if all OK then would put the PCB into production.
02:23 Wed 30th Jan - Update email to say the PCB has been put into production and should take 4-6 business days
07:05 Sat 2nd Feb - Update email to say PCB's produced and being shipped. Photo included of front and back of board, plus addresses envelope.

I'll update again when they arrive.

IMG_1303.JPG

well they look good enough and thats pretty fast, love to see how long they spend in the mail. Cant tell 100% cause of the plastic but the hasl looks decent. Solder mask looks a wee bit thin, but crap its cheap and will do its job, and they have made SOME progress on the site, not right but it shows some effort.

choice of color and slightly cheaper, may have to use them

I used Seeedstudio a few weeks ago to do 10 smaller PCB's on the 50x50 option.

The price was $13.45 delivered with green mask and 50% E-Test.

Seedstudio charge $10 eaxtra for red/blue/yellow and $20 for black. They also charge extra for 100% E-Test.

They also sent email progress but no photo's. Those boards were back to me in the UK in about two weeks and I was very pleased with the quality.

I'm now designing, where possible, for multiple PCB's onto 50x50 and 100x100 panels. Moving to 200x200 for panelising doesn't seem to have any advantage. It's actually more than 4x more expensive than 4x 100x100mm

From the look of the photo's, and the fact it seems Elecrow and Seedstudio actually use the same manufacturer service, I'm expecting these to be as good quality as my first batch via. Seeedstudio.

I just hope it works! I made some minor errors on my small boards, but not to the point they were unusable. This one has been checked to death before submitting.

Rendering the Eagle designs in 3D, and being able to rotate and check from every angle, is invaluable.

Boards from Elecrow just collected from the Post Office. They were sent as signature required, which is another nice touch on top of the emailed photo's and tracking.

I've only had a chance to look at one quickly but the quality looks very good.

I need to get some components soldered in the next few days and test these properly to make sure I've made no mistakes. I'll then report back.

Order placed 29th January. Order received in UK 13th February. Two weeks from order to delivery. :slight_smile: