RTC cann't running well in arduino DUE, because DUE's reset connects NRSTB

Because DUE's reset connects NRSTB pin, pressing reset will reset the chip including the Backup region (RTC, RTT and Supply Controller), that means RTC's time will be set 2007.1.1 and etc. But in SAM3x, there is another NRST Pin, if reset connect this pin, it will not reset the Backup region (RTC, RTTand Supply Controller), thus, I suggest arduino due make some changes to avoid the RTC's reset.

rosekyller:
Because DUE's reset connects NRSTB pin, pressing reset will reset the chip including the Backup region (RTC, RTT and Supply Controller), that means RTC's time will be set 2007.1.1 and etc. But in SAM3x, there is another NRST Pin, if reset connect this pin, it will not reset the Backup region (RTC, RTTand Supply Controller), thus, I suggest arduino due make some changes to avoid the RTC's reset.

Not on the actually Due it's how you say it. It's more than hardcoded it's wired on the board itself. Only with a jumper on the next Version to choose there will be no chance of changing.

Your right about the reset, but I doubt that will ever be changed. If you can wait 6 months my board allows both types of reset :slight_smile:

Rob

Graynomad:
Your right about the reset, but I doubt that will ever be changed. If you can wait 6 months my board allows both types of reset :slight_smile:

Rob

A half year? How would I spent the time, waiting is so uncomfortable...

Can I suggest a good book :slight_smile:

And BTW, most of my estimates are 100% off, and not in the good direction. Also we've decided to use an FPGA so now I have to learn about them. The good news is that the entire CPU board will only have 2 chips. 3 if you want 1-wire.

Rob

So is there any way to work a external ds 1307 with arduino due?

Acctually i think you could try this Due-compatible board:
http://www.elechouse.com/elechouse/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=72_73&products_id=2223
The NRST pin is available on this board.

What if i turn off taiji-uino by powering off and turn on again? Will doing this cause rtc reset?

feveran:
What if i turn off taiji-uino by powering off and turn on again? Will doing this cause rtc reset?

Yes Sir.

Latest version R3 could change the Reset pin to NRST