Home made arduino

First i would like to apologize if this topic is covered somewehere on this forum or arduino website. I just could not find it.

I am a beginner at arduino, and I am trying to make my own. The biggest problem is of course the bootloader. Since i have no avr programmers, I was happy to see that Parallel Port Programmer exists. But I am not sure where to go from here. So I have a "raw" Amega8 or atmega168(this even works with paralle programmer?) chip. Now if I understand this corectly I should just connect atmega on a breadboard and look for ISP(or ISCP what is the diffrence?!) pins and connect them to lpt port on my computer? So if I am reading this schematic of a arduino corectly, this is just pin 17 18 and 19 of my atmega chip(and of course all the resistors, voltages etc...) Then i will have a bootloader on my chip and from there i could start programing my arduino...

Am I correct, or am I doing something wrong?

P.s. Sorry for my bad english.

In theory, you can connect an AVR chip to your parallel port (don't forget common GND) and use assorted software to get the bootloader onto the AVR, so that it can then be used in an Arduino.
In practice, parallel ports are increasingly rare (it has to be a REAL parallel port), sneaky to configure correctly, and hard to use under modern operating systems. I don't think I've seen an reports of people successfully getting started this way...
(OTOH, the older your computer, the more likely it is to work. Maybe.)

The ICSP connector goes to:

+5v Power (Pin 7)
Ground (Pin 8 and 22)
Reset (Pin 1)
SPI MOSI (Pin 17)
SPI MISO (Pin 18)
SPI SCK (Pin 19)

You will also need the 16MHz crystal(+ capacitors) or 16MHz resonator and a pull-up resistor on the Reset line.

(deleted)