Best 5volt power supply for atmega328...???

With a 7805, you just need an output capacitor. Typically, minimum 10 uF, but more is generally better (up to a limit of a few thousand uF).

With the 7805 I tried caps till 1000uf. But still then it was generating ripples which was causing the analog pins of the AVR to generate noise. Thats the reason I asked how to cancell that amount of ripple with the inductors..

Check out that $4 component I linked to, though -- it's a miniature switching regulator in a package that fits in the same footprint as a TO-220 7805, but it generates less heat.

Yes..! I have gone through this unit... I it good, but the problem is that it has the maximum current output till 500ma, where as I did a rough calculations and found that I may be drawing about 750ma..

How about using a LM317 or LM338...

I am only afraid of the R1 here, As soon as it gets disconnected the output voltage gets equal to the input voltage... :frowning:
This is how one of my Atmega got fried up...:stuck_out_tongue:

Huh... The power supply is driving me crazy... :frowning:
More over the circuit will be connected to a motorcycle, So I thing there may me a little noise in the input voltage of the regulator.. :frowning:

How about this in here..??
http://www.onlinetps.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=12_50&products_id=103

The data sheet is here..