Controlling robot arm KSR10

Hello, I would like to know that is my diagram below correctly? Robot arm moves uncontrollable, free during uploading the source code and opening Serial monitor in the Arduino IDE. The reason these moves is based on the involvement of the inverter. It is recommended use the inverter or not? Without inverter robot arm was in idle mode during initialization code.

Thanks.

I don't know the answer to your question.
But i think i get what your Fritzing! sketch is supposed to do.
You haven't drawn a connection to enable2, is that on purpose ?
You could try some pulldown resistors, and keep the wires as short as possible.

I´m sorry I forgot for enable 2 pin, but I have it connected to board. I try connect internal pulldown resistors on Arduino...

Thank you !

Here is a diagram, as far you want to see it. Are these inverters recommended for use to control DC motor in robot arm? What is the importance of using invertors 7404 on the breadboard? I have ceramic condensators 33pF which they are lying around outputs of DC motor. These things are too connected correctly and what are is used?

Be careful when wiring your Arduino and other hardware.
Check and doublecheck before you're powering up any part of it.

You've drawn a connection between Arduino pin 9 and VCC1 of the L293D, a power supply pin.
Arduino pin 9 should go to IC pin 9 i guess.

The L293D can handle 600 mA with a peak of 1.2 A.
What does your motor need ?
The inverters seem to be meant to prevent having both inputs (and outputs) at the same level and will save you an extra control pin on your Arduino.
This can make sense with steppers but i doubt it will make sense with a standard dc motor as you've drawn.
The way you've drawn your second sketch, Arduino pin 12 starts the motor, and pin 11 controls the direction it will run in.
Having IC pins 2 and 7 at the same level (either high or low), shorts the outputs and will brake the motor.
But that is impossible when using the inverters as drawn here.
So i wouldn't use them and use Arduino pins 12, 11 and 10 on IC pins 1, 2 and 7.

All connections you've drawn on the upper side of the breadboard are unused, as they go nowhere.
Be aware of heat that will need to be handled.
Having your setup on a breadboard isn't very good to ge rid of the heat.

You can find these things out yourself by studying the datasheet, which is exactly what i just did.

I think that your help is best what it was offered to me.

Thank you very much and I am getting started to work only on the L293D without inverter. Because I plan to drive the robotic arm with 5 motors and I knew that inverters what I have, they aren´t needed.

Here is diagram of the breadboard. Can I ask for another help, please? Whether or not are any connection errors on the breadboard? Are capacitors and pins on Arduino (combination PWM and analog pins) involved alright?

I´m very grateful to you for help.

There are some errors in your sketch.
For instance the capacitors do nothing as they are connected to ground with both pins.
This sketch is too complex to check just by looking at it.
One reason is that you used just 1 wirecolor for the connections between Arduino and breadboard.
Do you see the thin wires in the sketch ?
I beleive those are connections you made but that are not wired.
Some of those are incorrect.

If you want the sketch to be checked, attach the Fritzing skecth to a possting so anyone that wants to help can load it in Fritzing and use the programs functions (like highlighting a selected connection) to check.

Hello, I´m sending to you sketch, which I modified the wiring is correct and without errors. Please, can you check my sketch? Please look also for connected capacitors.

Especially thank you for advise.

Sketch-new.fzz (29 KB)

Took a quick peek.
Looks a lot better this way.
Thanks to the colors and less crossings i can see what's going on.
It seems that you did have the capacitors correct, but the small black lines connected both pins.
Now they are connected to the motor with one pin, and with nothing for the other pin.
Place the capacitors at the same spot the were before and all is good there.
You accidentially connected all green wires of the upper motors with GND because you extended them exactly where the GND wires run on your breadboard.

Consider wiring all enable lines to an output that is PWM capable.
The datasheet isn't clear about it, but probably you can control motorspeed this way if you decide to try that.

I haven't checked with Fritzing! yet, just took a peek at the picture.

My today was at least that I concentrate to connect wires on the breadboard correctly. I´m sorry but I don´t understand, what do you think, that green wire of motor is connecting to GND pin on the breadboard. Aren´t two wires of motor belong to output pins?

I see a dot in the green line.
I attached a highlight of what i mean.
That means 2 wires are connected at that point.
If you do that on a breadboard, Fritzing! will connect the wire to the breadboard as well and make an invisible connection to the pin under your wire.
That pin happens to be in the GND rail of your breadboard.
If you're going to use the other modes (so not breadboard mode) of Fritzing!, then you'll see a connection of the green wires to the GND rails.
This is of course not what you want.
But if you're just going to use the sketch as a guide for your jumperwires, you're good.
Also if you already connected all and made your sketch afterwards, it will be good and you'll be ready to test.
Don't forget to connect the capacitors.

Sketch-Highlight.jpg

You're almost good to test.
I've just loaded your Fritzing! sketch and the short in the above post is not shown in Fritzing! so never mind that.
There's no other strange connections either so that looks good to me.
But i do see another problem.
In your sketch, the 2nd L293D doesn't have a connection to VCC1 drawn.
So the upper middle motor won't run if that is indeed the case.

Succes with your robot arm.

Thanks for the warning. I've modified robotic arm without connected inverters and it works good. Now I done solution to connect photosensors like indication change moving the robotic arm.

I think that it is very beneficial project for my bachelor thesis.

Also you have helped me a lot and to facilitate the work of the project.

I was pleased to read your posts. :slight_smile: