About support to share files

Hi, guys,you are doing great work indeed.

There is a advice on arduino IDE.

Maybe you have received so many repeat advice on this : support multi directory or share same files among multi project.

Yes, I gave the same suggestion too , now :slight_smile:

I'm trying to build a laserTag system refer to MilesTag, I divide the functions into 3 blocks: Master / Sender(shot) / Receiver , so,there must exist shared files :).
It is really chaos during development.

Now, I do like this:
LaserTag/Master
LaserTag/Sender
LaserTag/Receiver
LaserTag/Share
all shared file exist in LaserTag/Share,and they exist in other directory too, every time they changed in Master/Sender/Receiver, they will be copied back to Share directory,and then refresh to all other dirs(Master,Sender,Receiver), I write a simple .bat in LaserTag/Share to exec refresh action.

But , it relies on manual work, if you forget to exec the whole cycle,something will be wrong later...

So,would you please support file sharing, or, provide a tool to keep the files refresh automatically?

It is not so difficult to refresh files among multi dirs,
BUT,I don't know if arduino can detect the file change in time.

This is precisely what libraries are for. Just put all the code that needs to be shared in libraries and then include those libraries in your sketch.

See https://www.arduino.cc/en/Hacking/libraryTutorial

Arduino CREATE EDITOR has the ability to share a single URL which will always lead back to the updated code to allow a single version of a sketch to be used by many.