Zigbee and arduino communications

draythomp:
Castillo, your devices are quite nice, but you haven't posted a price yet. Regular light switches cost less than two dollars at the homeowner store and Insteon cost around $45 with zwave coming in at $65 and up. Both of those solutions will fit inside a light switch box on the wall and seem to be pretty reliable to people that review them.

Competition is rough out there.

Hello draythomp.

Yes, I know that competition is rough out there, so I am finishing the evaluation of the production boards price, but I think that it will achieve to be under 100€ (near but I am trying to be under it) for the box with control PCB (arduino platform compatible), ZigBee communication, 1 power PCB and 1 sensor (thermo, lighting or humidity). It let you control 1 light or another kind of electrical equipment. It can be used for irrigation, air conditioning, alarm... you only have to change the code.

One more complex box contains 1 control PCB, ZigBee communication, 3 power PCB and 2 sensors. This one I am trying to sell under 170€.

As you can see, it is not so cheaper as the solution that you tell me, but as you can see there are a lot of possibilities, that is the reason because I am trying to do it so open as I can.

Ah. About the power prototype boards, I am going to sell them by about 20€. If anyone want to do some experiments, I think they are a better than production units, as you can choice where do you want to connect the inputs and outputs signals and you can do anything with another kind of communication or transformer.

I will soon publish the final price at my web and e-shop (I hope that I will do it finally along this next week).