Go Down

Topic: Using i2c for arduino with LCD touch display.  (Read 77 times) previous topic - next topic

TyMcLean

I'm fairly new to programming arduino and i understand that this may be a complicated project but none the less heres my question.

Im trying to use one arduino to control two stepper motors that would control two axis of a solar tracker and i know if im using a motor board i cant stack a TFT LCD touch display on top because they may use the same pins.

My question is would i be able to somehow use another arduino with the display to grab values being input into the other arduino and display them through i2c communication connection between the two arduinos? (or am i understanding the concept wrong?) or is there another way to do this?

Thanks.

pylon

My question is would i be able to somehow use another arduino with the display to grab values being input into the other arduino and display them through i2c communication connection between the two arduinos? (or am i understanding the concept wrong?) or is there another way to do this?
Although this is possible I would simply use a display that is connected by SPI or I2C and you can go with one Arduino.

If there is another need for a second Arduino you have at least the options of connecting them by SPI or I2C (if the connection is really short) or by UART (RS-485 for longer distances).

If you provide more detail information about your project we may find even other solutions.

TyMcLean

Although this is possible I would simply use a display that is connected by SPI or I2C and you can go with one Arduino.

If there is another need for a second Arduino you have at least the options of connecting them by SPI or I2C (if the connection is really short) or by UART (RS-485 for longer distances).

If you provide more detail information about your project we may find even other solutions.
The project is a 2 axis solar tracker my idea was to have a one Arduino run the program for the tracker and receive other input data such as temperature, voltage, battery %, others and be able to output the data to a touch screen lcd display.

pylon

The project is a 2 axis solar tracker my idea was to have a one Arduino run the program for the tracker and receive other input data such as temperature, voltage, battery %, others and be able to output the data to a touch screen lcd display.
From that description I don't see the need for a second Arduino. If you need more pins get a Mega2560 (also better because of the additional RAM, you will need it for the display stuff). I would try to avoid the additional complexity of a communication between two devices.

Go Up