Go Down

Topic: Sht75 sensor with 20m long range cable (i2c extender P82B715PN) (Read 43 times) previous topic - next topic

criminalkaoz

Hi, I try to connect my sht75 humidity sensor to i2c bus with 8 meters of cat5e cable and it works fine. The problem is when I try to extend the cable to 20 meters (it don't work). I show the i2c extender P82B715PN to comunicate 2 arduino boards with 30 meters cable with the i2c bus and users said that all is ok.

Someone trying to connect P82B715PN with shtXX sensors? As would be the connection (understanding that it will not be connected to another microcontroller? (But to a shtXX sensor).

pylon

Someone trying to connect P82B715PN with shtXX sensors? As would be the connection (understanding that it will not be connected to another microcontroller? (But to a shtXX sensor).
Fig. 6 in the datasheet shows how to use the extender chips (the pull-ups are needed for both signal lines). It doesn't make any difference if the connected device is a slave microcontroller or a sensor.

saildude

Can you post a sketch of the wiring?  Hand sketch is OK.  The P82B715PN requires pull up resistors to work correctly

Also the code would be nice just in case, see the sticky post at the top on how to use the forum and post code

Go Up