Operate from Blackberry/Android/Iphone-Ipad/Nokia/PC/Mac across the Globe W/O PC

sorry, I just located my problem. In TinyWebServer.cpp I changed #include SD.h to SdFat
Now, all good

Thanks brilliant!!
Any ideas about how to display analogue values or variables?
I'm learning (slowly) but not fast enough.

vk5oi:
sorry, I just located my problem. In TinyWebServer.cpp I changed #include SD.h to SdFat
Now, all good

Thanks brilliant!!
Any ideas about how to display analogue values or variables?
I'm learning (slowly) but not fast enough.

Can you share the code for IDF 1.0

hi im new to this forum and I would love see this in action, can I have it please??? do I need anything special? I have a arduino "Etherten" which is "100% uno compatible" and I have the Arduino 1.01 software.

Dear turkeybaster

1. Code is attached to 1st post, you need to login to see the attachment (Register first if you haven't)
  2. standard Wiznet based Ethernet shield with SD card slot with any Micro-SD card to store files on it.
    3 and a very special thing called fun!!!

excellent. thanks man.

is there a way of changing the UI? I feel I need to learn Java is that right?

I tried compiling the sketch I got a huge amount of errors. I think im missing a few libraries, please help. I'll be ever so grateful :smiley:

Turkeybaster, to change the UI there is no need to learn java. just change the style.css (you need to learn CSS but that's a cakewalk).

two external library used is

1. tinywebserver
  2. Flash

thanks for the info.

is this the external tinywebserver library you are talking about ? GitHub - ovidiucp/TinyWebServer: Small web server for Arduino, fits in 10KB ROM, less than 512 bytes RAM

is this the Flash library ? Flash | Arduiniana

so if I wanted to create my own GUI I just have to edit that CSS file ? what if I wanted to modify the code behind those buttons? is there a program I can use to change the gui like dreamweaver? (im lazy).

so in the include section of the code I changed the <> to "" and it compiled. I also managed to have a look at the code in the .htm files using dreamweaver.

if i wanted to make my own version of this would I just build a website using a package like dreamweaver ?

Yes dear u can and u must do the new

i have to say very nice UI but very slow i tried to modify little bit like to use background-color grey instead of png i did a png reduce but still very slow.

can someone make faster...? any ideas?? can we add all the spare digital pins too ? and how? i cant even change the led names if i do this i lost the on of png...

and something last nice round png but its more easy to draw a cicle or a square like RED on OFF and Green or Blue on ON ?????? thanks for your effort keep up.... bravo

capper:
Yes dear u can and u must do the new

sorry what I msut I do new??? :s

new Modification!
New UI!!
New, Anything!!!

nikkpap:
i have to say very nice UI but very slow i tried to modify little bit like to use background-color grey instead of png i did a png reduce but still very slow.

can someone make faster...? any ideas?? can we add all the spare digital pins too ? and how? i cant even change the led names if i do this i lost the on of png...

and something last nice round png but its more easy to draw a cicle or a square like RED on OFF and Green or Blue on ON ?????? thanks for your effort keep up.... bravo

yeah I noticed it was slow too but I think it is browser dependant. I tried it on Dolphin browser for android and it was slow but using the stock android browser it was a little bit faster.

in terms of different buttons I found these

and

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/enki/enki1112/enki111200044/11768340-green-toggle-switch-on-metallic-surface.jpg

its tricky changing the buttons because the names need to match with the original files if you want to avoid mucking around with the code.

Quote from: nikkpap on July 11, 2012, 02:42:49 AM

yeah I noticed it was slow too but I think it is browser dependant. I tried it on Dolphin browser for android and it was slow but using the stock android browser it was a little bit faster.

in terms of different buttons I found these

http://images.clipartof.com/small/1086756-Clipart-3d-Toggle-Switches-With-Chrome-Bases-Royalty-Free-Vector-Illustration.jpg

and

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/enki/enki1112/enki111200044/11768340-green-toggle-switch-on-metallic-surface.jpg

its tricky changing the buttons because the names need to match with the original files if you want to avoid mucking around with the code.

For Image Animation (Sprite) use following Generator and feed them 2 separate PNG /JPG images 1. "ON" 2. "OFF" in a compressed ZIP file

Change in "style.css" file on SD Card as per CSS generartor output... in following lines

/*
  Copyright 2010 Ovidiu Predescu <ovidiu@gmail.com>
  Date: December 2010
  */
div.light a {

margin-left: auto;
	margin-right: 50;
	background-image:url('toggle.png'); // "File Name for your SPRITED Image"
	display: block;
	float: right;
}

a.off { background-position: 0 0; width: 89px; height: 31px; } ]  // Position copied from output of the SPIRTE Generator
a.on { background-position: 0 -63px; width: 89px; height: 31px; }  // Position copied from output of the SPIRTE Generator

Thank you Capper.

Hi Capper,

nice UI. I've developed an Ajax web interface where the page wasn't loaded from the webserver but straight from the mobile device.
In practise, the page is stored on the mobile device, when loaded it start to send JSONP requestes to the server, that is no longer a webserver but a Json server.
In that way the functionality is preatty the same, but the poor Arduino board isn't overloaded in RAM and can react much faster.

The post where I've placed the code is there, unfortunately is only in Italian. The webpage is the same of the TinyWebServer.

I've used this library in the Souliss project to build easily an universal interface. The interface was working but not nice enough on the UI side, if you are interested in, you can use your UI for that project.

Regards,
Dario.

Dear Veseo,

Thank you for being Torch-Bearer,

I must confess that I am not a good coder, but I am good at adaptation.

I was thinking to offload webpage from Arduino to any damn web-server as Arduino is not suitable for this kind of workload.

the Arduino sketch remains same for IDE 1.01 other than you have to substitute "Server" to "Ethernetserver" and "Client" to "EthernetClient".
Attached below Arduino sketch and Htmlpart.zip.

1. Upload AjaxUI.ino to arduino
  2. Extract htmlpart.zip to your Pc/Mac/Phone/Tablet
  3. Open Index.htm in your browser give password 4587 and hit submit. (don't press enter/return)
  4. connect LED on pin 9 and GND
  5. Have Fun

Warm Regards

Capper

AjaxUI.ino (3.64 KB)

HtmlPart.zip (60.3 KB)

Out of the example in the post that I've linked, there is a full UI for the Souliss Home Automation that I've developed for the past releases. This UI is no longer maintained for time reason, bacause the project is focusing the time on others UIs (Android and Java).

If you are interested in reworking the UI, you can use the Souliss A2.1 release and figure out how was worked. Is working but not nice enough :slight_smile:

Behind the UI there is a full home automation framework that runs over the ATmega.

Regards,
Dario.

wow Dario that's very impressive BRAVO!

what did you use to build the android application ?