Using Visual Basic or another GUI

I have an arduino uno. I'm using it for a school project in engineering. We are challeneged with designing a handle that sends a signal via usb. That's why we chose the arduino uno. We would like to physically show the signal change with a dot or something that changes color when a button is pushed and show it moving when the handle rotates. Could someone please help me in programming the arduino in visual basic?

Thanks

You can't program an Arduinoi in VB.
Sorry.
C/C++ is the only option.

There's no way possible of using VB or some other GUI with the arduino?

I know I've seen some code out there but I just want to understand it. I'm not a computer programmer, just a mechanical engineer so I'm confused about the arduino ide and VB.

Please help!!

dmc11:
There's no way possible of using VB or some other GUI with the arduino?

I know I've seen some code out there but I just want to understand it. I'm not a computer programmer, just a mechanical engineer so I'm confused about the arduino ide and VB.

Please help!!

Visual Basic is a programming IDE that runs on a PC and one develops PC programs with it that can only run on PC hardware. The Arduino IDE is a C/C++ programming IDE that generates code for the Atmel AVR series controller chips and the completed program is uploaded to run on the Arduino board.

Now if you have a Arduino application where it's running program communicates with the PC, then one could use Visual Basic to write the PC program that would receive and send that data to and from the sketch program running on the Arduino board.

You need to stay your requirements better to see if there is a need to use Visual Basic at all.

Lefty

You can make a VB program that communicates with programmed arduino.

Cheers,
Kari

There is the Netduino, can that run VB?

Rob

Tru this, not sure if it will work with Netduino.

Or/And you can use Processing for the Graphical Part of your Project:

If you just want to use the Visual Basic IDE to develop in however, you might want to take a look at Visual Micro - it allows you to use Visual Studio to code in instead of the Arduino IDE.