Digital ports Seeeduino Film

Hey guys,

I am a beginner with Arduino, and to realize my project I decided to use the Seeeduino Film.
I'm starting to code before I receive it, and I have a simple (I guess) question :
Which Pin name/number should I use in my code for the Digital ports?
Because on the "datasheet" (seeeeduino garden), Digital ports are called D4, D5*, D6*, D7, D9*, D10*.

Then, if I want to use the 7th port as an output, should I write : pinMode(D7,OUTPUT) ? or pinMode(7,OUTPUT)?
And what about the stars in D5*, D6*, D9*, D10*?

Thanks for your help! :slight_smile:

I believe the Seeduino Film is a completely Arduino compatible clone, i.e. all pins are the same and named the same. If it works on your regular Arduino, the same program should work unmodified on the Film. Haven't tested, but that's the theory at least.

Thank you Anders !

But the Seeeduino Film is the first Arduino compatible platform I use. Although I read that digital pins were "coded" by their number, like pinMode(7,OUTPUT) (and not pinMode(D7,OUTPUT)). It' ok then.
I still don't understand the stars, like in D10* ? what does it mean? is it important?

Thank you for your help :wink:

I've no idea about the stars thing. I would just code away while waiting for the device and then try it out.

If it compiles in the Arduino IDE, there is a good chance it will run without a hitch when you get the device.

Ok, thank you! I guess the topic is closed then.
Although, I notice that arduino 002 doesn't know the Seeeduino film, and as a result I guess it has no reason to fail when it compiles..

Anyway I'll just try it out!

:smiley:

they look suspicially like the *PMW-able pins! :slight_smile:

Because on the "datasheet" (seeeeduino garden), Digital ports are called D4, D5*, D6*, D7, D9*, D10*.

In general you have a question about something you saw in a specific datasheet then a link to that datasheet along with a page reference would be appropriate. I couldn't find any such asterisks (stars) in the datasheet that I looked at.

Don

The datasheet I looked at is here : http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/datasheet/Seeeduino%20Film%20v1.0.pdf
I checked it again : I can see the stars (asterisks I mean, sorry about my english, I'm french :P)

mmcp42:
they look suspicially like the *PMW-able pins! :slight_smile:

OK sorry I didn't see the answer. Thanks

then a link to that datasheet along with a page reference would be appropriate.

That's the datasheet that I used and I still didn't find them. A search for * yields just these two results "77.5mm20.3mm1.57(3.2 w/ battery connector)mm" so the ones you are looking at must be part of a graphic.

You have your answer but my recommendation about links and page references may help you and others in the future.

Don

the stars are tiny - but here they are...

FilmStar.jpg

FilmStar.jpg

You have your answer but my recommendation about links and page references may help you and others in the future.[/color]

Yes, sorry, I should have said it is on the scheme, p.4, "STRUCTURE AND PIN MAP".
Anyway, as you said I have my answer. I'll be as precise as possible in future posts.

the stars are tiny - but here they are...

Bigger asterisks on my reference :stuck_out_tongue:

bigger stars as mentioned!

FilmStar2.jpg