LED Matrix Spectrogram

It's cool. I'm mainly interested in how you manage to capture any sound being played on the system. How do you manage that? Are you using DirectSound?

Can you still upload the source code, want to use it on an 16*24 matrix :wink:

OK you can get the source code here: http://sites.google.com/site/iluvtocnc/LED_Spectrum.zip.

To build the project, you need Delphi 7.0, and VCL components Audio Lab, Signal Lab and Plot Lab, which are free on teh intarweb.

Hi zitron,

do u know how to use 2 of these panels together? I'm trying to extend the screen by using 2 of them.

Uhm, I can't find a .pde anywhere? :-? (The link links to the delphi-code..)

Could you upload that one again? (Pleeeaase :slight_smile: )

Oops, it looks like I overwrote the arduino code with the pc software code, because they had the same name :-?

I re-uploaded the arduino code again:

Sorry...

:slight_smile: Thanks a lot (all I have to do now, is to figure out why my 0832-Board doesn't light up... But thats only a question of time :sunglasses: )

Lex it should be very easy to control more than 1 panel, you need to set the dip switches according to the manual, and use additional arduino pins to choose which panel is the active one.

Yen my code has a self test that lights up all the LEDs when it starts, so if it doesn't work at all it's probably a wiring or other hardware problem...

Edit: oh wait the arduino code doesn't have a self test, my pc program just sends values to fill up all the leds when it connects.

Yep, was a harware problem.

Is there any way to change the spectrum so that it actually shows the data of the music which is currently being played - and not the microphone? :slight_smile:

Yes, if you are using a windows pc, you need to choose stereo mix as input in the sound recording screen.

Well, exactly this is my problem - it's not possible with Win7 afaik...

Hi, I am trying to get your spectogram up and running on my 0832 Green LED Matrix. It compiles and uploads fine to my Arduino. The PC Application launches fine but no leds are lighting up. Why is this? Im using Windows 7.

Hi all,

I found out that the MicroSoft DRM police has disabled stereo out on Win 7 and Vista, so people can't record stuff to MP3 on their computers. So my program won't work on Windows 7 or Vista. To get it working you may need additional software, perhaps "virtual audio cable"?

Sorry about that,

-Z-

(Tested on windows 7)

1. Click the Start Button, type "MMSYS.CPL" (without quotation marks) in the Start Search box and press Enter.

2. On Recording tab, right-click on the blank area

3. Check “Show Disabled Devices” and “Show Disconnected Devices” and the Stereo Mix should show up.

If it is disabled, right click on it and choose Enable.

OK Thanks. I'm still using XP so I have no idea about win7, but I think it you should be able to test it using the mic input.

Also I just remembered that I've got a new version of the PC software, now it uses both stereo channels, displaying them symmetrically, and the nob thing actually does something (the higher you turn it the more gain is reduced)!

Get the new one here: https://sites.google.com/site/iluvtocnc/LEDSpectrumV2.zip

Cheers,
-Z-

The new one works great!

That song made me laugh. who did it?

That song made me laugh. who did it?