Original Arduino GSM Library - change RX / TX to Hardware Serial

StanleyK:
Hello,

I was looking at this post and noticed some of you having trouble using hardware serial. I have figured it out with the library I am using. I use it with a Mega and a 3G modem shield. If anyone would like more info on what I did, please reply.

Yes please, I am completely new to this and I am struggling with the 3G modem shield. I can get the example test send sms to work on the Uno, but I need to use a mega to enable the keyboard (unless I rig up a voltage divider and use analogue input). I have changed the example code to use pins 18/19 for TX/RX but I think I am struggling to 1. Communicate and 2. Get the shield to begin

Basis of the project I'm working on is

Hardware -

• Funding Mega 2550
  • DFRobot LCD Keypad Shield
  • TinySine 3G Shield (Sim5320A)

Operation -

At idle, the LCD displays "Enter Ph Number", the user then enters their phone number using the keypad. Once 10 digits have been entered, the LCD writes "Press # to Send", the user then presses hash and I wish for the Arduino to send a SMS to a set number (UTCPhone String). The message will contain the entered user phone number and the asset number of which the sms was sent from (AssetID String)

I have attempted copying from the Adafruit_FONA Library, but I must be interfering with the serial or something, when copy the void(setup) into my sketch it shuts down the LCD screen

Sorry for being new to this and asking such a direct question, but any help would be much appreciated

SMS_Notifier.ino (4.15 KB)