Gurubot8- a guarding robot that will protect...

he is still in progress and in my lab for saftey.
The Story:
i got a robotic kit 2 years ago for easter, and when you clap, it will move.
that didint meet my standards, so i hacked it and added serious power(arduino). he dosent work cuz the arduino cant drive him yet :P.

Yet, his mission is to protect my prized posission, there is many features he has :D.

the robot kit i got is the robotikits 4in1 robot.
the mode he is is spider, but it was better traction, and i build all my robots in that mode(if they dont have tank/treads mode). i like it becouse of the traction and the side-to-side walk movement :).

Here is a picture, more will come soon :stuck_out_tongue:

More Info:
the class 2 lazer is coming thext x-mas, its on my x-mas list XD)
there is no arduino cuz im deciding where to put the class 1 & 2 lazers.
im also deciding where to put the sensors.
the arduino wont drive it yet(wats the point of putting it on yet lol)
the class 2 lazer is to help my dad and i cut metal plates.
the class1 laser scans the room.
there is a ultrasonic sensoe too(comming soon)
it can hear(with mic supplied in kit)
and it has leds, to show, alert, attack, or standby modes.

UPDATE!
i decided he is getting a lcd ;D

well, anybody like my project :stuck_out_tongue:

Have you done anything with it yet or just pulled some wires out?

Andrew

what exactly do you mean, like do you mean make other things with it or what?

but i did salvage a good pc board that can light up a led now :stuck_out_tongue:

lil bump

Bump for what? :stuck_out_tongue:

I love this thread...

face to palm connection has been established.

so do you have any code for it yet? any new pictures? i do remember you putting this up a while ago--any progress?

I wouldn't expect anything.

But then, I won't be laughing when the plastic crab robots come for me, cutting my car open with lasers.

i have to ask, when you say that a class 1 laser will scan your room... how exactly does a laser pointed towards objects in your room tell the arduino where to objects are.... its like pointing a flash light towards an object in a well lit room - completely useless

my newest creation. the laser will tell other
RETHRAboards[thats mine >>] to send a code to the main processor[Canhela] to send a message to arduino. no code yet. its been demolished and packed away cuz im working on a little fire alarm panel. but it only takes liek 5 mins to put it together >>
and the class 2 lazer does this.
|
|
|
|

kno what i mean?

facePalm++

I think this is a joke.

Anyone agree?

_>

what part is a joke?

in essence, the laser thing isnt new and is real - makezine made a vid on how to send messages using lasers... however the project, well... like i said, the thread makes me choke on my coffee wen i read it

Battery/camera zome = dead battery >_>

it just uses a photosensor and lilypad arduinos to send tol the arduino mega to send to pc to send wireleslly to arduino duemillinove =P