DIY HD TV

Is it possible, with Arduino, to basically build a HD TV?

Ideally I'd simply buy the OLED, LED, or LCD glass and have Arduino power the display. A 60" DIY OLED display in my bedroom that costs very little is an alluring idea.

Am I dreaming or is this possible? If yes, which I hope, how do I go about it? Google didn't seem to have the answer for this one or maybe I didn't word my question right...

Arduino doesn't really have the bandwidth for HDTV.

Perhaps the RaspberryPi could do it. You'd ned a tuner input of some kind and a monitor with an HDMI input.

Where do you get a 60" OLED display that costs very little?

If I got a monitor with HDMI input why would I even need Arduino or Rasberry Pi in the first place?

jjosephs:
If I got a monitor with HDMI input why would I even need Arduino or Rasberry Pi in the first place?

Your idea is not feasible; even if the Arduino did somehow have the processing power and the needed pins for the row/column drivers that an LCD/OLED uses (have you ever taken one apart?) - you'd still run into the problem that such a display is not cheap. The electronics that drive the display are the cheap part - the display itself is fairly expensive.