2.8" or 3.5" mcufriend TFT LCD footprint (layout data)

I'm using the 2.8" and 3.5" TFT LCDs that fit to the Arduino Uno R3 and need the layout data for either the LCDs or the Arduino Uno standoffs that the LCDs plug into.

I'm using these LCDs in a design and need to make a circuit board that the LCDs will plug into then I'll control the LCDs via SPI

Thanks

Go on. The Arduino hardware design is public knowledge.
But you could simply measure the spacing between the header strips with a ruler.

Driving a parallel display with a SPI port expander is pretty crazy.
Why not buy an SPI module in the first place?

Some bare modules have access to the IM# pins. So you can select 8-bit SPI.
Most do not. You have to buy a specific SPI module.

Whatever you do, you must look after level conversion to / from the 3.3V display.

David.

I posted a question the other day regarding project advice.

I'm doing a design that reads two thermocouples and powers peltier devices with a microchip pic and surrounding circuitry. I decided to use the Arduino Uno with the 2.8" TFT LCD as the interface and I have that working but it's not integrated with my peltier controller board.

My question was would it be easier to communicate to the Arduino via the usb (having never done that) or design do my own LCD right from the microchip pic (the LCD will be a distance away from the peltier controller board).

Someone answered saying they'd driven the LCD via SPI easily. Hence my question.

And using a ruler is crude. I'd rather go by a document but I can't find one.

So you don't recommend SPI? I don't see anything about doing it.

and I went with this display because it was just $8 but now looking SPI modules are built for it but $15

Small TFTs are often SPI. 2.2" 240x320 SPI modules used to be cheap. Now they seem to be 2.4" or 2.8" with a Touch Panel.

Those 3.3V cheap modules require level shifters and hand-wiring.

SPI Shields with level shifters are not very common. And more expensive.

I like SPI. It is excellent with a Xmega or ARM using DMA.
TFTs require a massive amount of data traffic. Native SPI or native parallel work well.
Driving a 16x2 with an I2C adapter is a no brainer. Not much data. Save a lot of pins.

Regarding rulers. The pins are on a 0.1" or 0.05" grid. This is easy to measure with a ruler.

David.