Go Down

Topic: Need help :Arduino Mega and Ethernet shield HanRan H911105A  (Read 140 times) previous topic - next topic

elzo71

Hi all
I am beginner into Arduino and I need a kind of tutorial how to use the ethernet shield from A to Z and  how to communicate with the shield via D-Link router.
Thank you in advance for your help.
 :smiley-confuse:

spycatcher2k

What does google tell you, it found thousands of links when I typed 'arduino ethernet tutorial' into it.
Drew.
http://www.uk-pcb.co.uk - My UK Based PCB Fab & Assembly Company
Design & Assembly work undertaken - Arduino repairs & testing - PM for details.

pert

Here's a tip to get you started: "HanRan H911105A" is not the name of the shield, that's just make/model of the Ethernet jack on the shield. The important thing to determine is which Ethernet controller chip you have on your shield. You're not going to get any meaningful help without providing the basic information necessary. You can probably find which chip the shield uses by looking at the product page/listing where you bought your shield or you can just check the writing on the chip. It's most likely a W5100, W5200, W5500, or ENC28J60.

Second tip: If you want to succeed with Arduino you need to be precise. It's HanRun not "HanRan". I know what you meant, google would figure it out, but if you get sloppy like that in your code the compiler isn't going to say "yeah, I know what you're trying to say, it's cool".

elzo71

pert

Ok, the W5100 is supported by the Ethernet library that comes with the Arduino IDE. There are a number of demonstration sketches available at File > Examples > Ethernet. The documentary for the Ethernet library is at https://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/Ethernet. So just work your way through the examples and make sure you understand what every single line of code does, use the Ethernet library documentation and the standard Arduino reference pages.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy