8x8 dot matrix with MAX7219

i want to show string on the three 8x8 LED dot matrix ( same signal) with different animation.

1st: shirt the string to Left

2nd: shirt the string UP

3rd: display and hold the sting only.

is possible to do like that?
if can`t , can i use different signal to control each dot matrix with same arduino?

MAX7219_origin.ino (9.82 KB)

MaxMatrix.cpp (3.94 KB)

MaxMatrix.h (1.38 KB)

Look at Parola (http://parola.codeplex.com) and on this thread LED matrix display - MD_Parola, MD_MAX72xx and MD_MAXPanel - Exhibition / Gallery - Arduino Forum

I would say this will do close to what you want and more.

wilson16:
is possible to do like that?

Yes.

i want to show different animation string for 3 of 8x8 dot matrix at the same time. really no idea, because all the tutorial is show a animation string in the same. How to make it to show different pattern in the 3 of dot matrix in same signal? :slight_smile:

As I said in my previous post, look at Parola if you want to have message on the display. If you just want to treat the 8x8 displays as individual smaller display (independent), then the transformation functions in my MD_MAX72xx library (link below in the repository). Read the documentation for the library.

You will not find examples to do exactly what you want because it is pretty unusual!

yes ,it is really unusual. I will try understand and testing. thank you very much...