New Topic versus Post New Poll

The issue of people posting a poll, for no apparent reason, isn't new. However, the pattern I have noticed is that it generally tends to be people who do not use English as their first language. Or English-natives who are very impulsive. It is almost exclusively people new to the forum...

This lead me to look at the two buttons differently. "New Topic" versus "Post New Poll"

The button "Post New Poll" has two reasons people will click on it:

1. There is an action associated it with, "Post."
  2. "Poll" may be mistranslated to mean "Question."

So really we have two, non-descript buttons that say:
"New Topic" and "Post a new 'question'"

Bytes are (relatively) cheap. It may make sense to change the buttons to be more descriptive, like:
"Post New Discussion Topic" or just "Post New Topic"
and
"Post New Voting Poll"

Or, my personal preference, change the wording of "New Topic" and drop polls all together.

Thoughts?

Or, my personal preference, change the wording of "New Topic" and drop polls all together.

I'd prefer to see one button, too. The ability to create a poll should not be done away with, but should require explicit effort to get to. Hide it under Additional Options, and only those that really want to post a poll will do so.

How come this isn't a poll?

Oh, the irony missed opportunity.

Edit: Better, Mike? :wink:

I quite agree James, apart from the use of the word irony.
The remark from Paul was clever, witty, fun, self deprecation, but not ironic.

In the case of New Topic versus New Poll my personal choice is New Topic.By creating new topic i can share my problem or i can get suggest from my community that's why i prefer new topic not New poll.