Ericsson T68 GPRS, anyone managed to do this yet?

Hi all.
I'm sure when I ask this I'm going to have a few rolling eyes, but here goes.

I've seen a lot of information (mainly due to the hohoho balloon project) on how to send SMS in PDU format using this phone.
I thought I'd have a bash at sending GPRS data!

I've been reading around, looking over the AT commands etc and I've come to the following conclusion (I hope I'm wrong):
I can start a GPRS connection but there's no commands to activate the internal tcp/ip ppp stack.
PPP via an arduino is beyond my skills and from what I've read beyond (almost?) the storage of the 386 chip.

The only way I can really see using GPRS (GPRS data is cheaper than SMS for my project) is using the built in WAP, which also doesn't have any commends beside settings the home page and gateways etc, my idea was to use the serial connection to set the homepage to a website and include a htpp GET string (I'll setup the php server at the other side) and and then using something (mechanical or semi conductive) to press the keys in the correct order to connect then disconnect, seems over kill but it's the only way I can see getting GPRS to connect.
I do wonder why they they're missing so many AT commands.

Sorry if this has been asked before, if so can you point me to the location?

As it seems this hasn't been done (or documented) does anyone know of a mobile that can work with an arduino in this way (GPRS)?
I must add the data is only really going one way, arduino -> server.

Jon.