Controlling a stand alone LED remotely

Hi,
I'm trying to making a small installation and I would need a LED inside a glass (without any wire) that turns on when I raise the glass.
Is there any way to control this kind of behaviour?
Thanks

Erika86:
I'm trying to making a small installation and I would need a LED inside a glass (without any wire) that turns on when I raise the glass.

Sure, all you need is a pressure switch on the bottom of the glass.

There's going to be a more electronics inside the glass than just an LED though. Batteries, wires, a transistor or two...

One way would be to use an inductor + the led's capacitance to form an l/c tank. If you energy the whole thing with the right frequency, the led will light up. The same principle behind those little led phone-is-ringing indicators.

dhenry:

One way would be to use an inductor + the led's capacitance to form an l/c tank. If you energy the whole thing with the right frequency, the led will light up. The same principle behind those little led phone-is-ringing indicators.

That's a good idea. That way you could have the most of the electronics out of sight up your sleeve.

Another way would be to use something similar to Juan Mayoral's "Meteors" trick, as seen here:

What's the tech in that trick?

mrboni:
What's the tech in that trick?

I'm bound by the magician's code...

A tilt switch + resistor+LED+coincell(s)