Arduino-VVVV: toward a fully-featured node

Hi,
I've made a simple extension to mr benefit's arduino-vvvv work to allow the communication to handle multiple signals (in the case of my example arduino prog and vvvv patch, I treat all 6 arduino analog ins in vvvv). Here's a write-up including links to the code.

I'd be interested in collaborating to make a more fully-featured vvvv node for the arduino. Let's hear requests. If you've already done it, let's hear that, too, please!

I'll have a look at the pure-data object and use that as a guide. no MAX here :frowning:

vvvv was very popular in impromptu demos at the fantastic arduino workshop I attended at the weekend.

neillzero

Yeh, saw your patch and code nice work :slight_smile:

But my trouble isn't reading the arduino with vvvv, but let the Arduino do the stuff I want!!
(sending a textstring from vvvv to Arduino, and than Arduno must split the string and fill the variables).

edit:

ahh.. okay.. after reading the forums for an hour I a hope I can use SmimpleMessageSystem :slight_smile:
(for others: I mean this:Arduino Playground - SimpleMessageSystem)

Hope I can control Arduino with vvvv now :slight_smile:

Cool.

If you want to make a more fully-featured node, I would suggest that you implement a vvvv complement to the firmata firmware that Hans Steiner has been developing (Arduino Playground - Sensorbox). There are already libraries for PD, Processing, Flash, and, I believe, Max/MSP. We're hoping to use firmata as the default Arduino firmware and the more languages/environments that work with it the better.

The SimpleMessageSystem looks rather easy compared with firmata :-[
(but it is limited, I know)

But WOW!! Did I miss that there is already work done for vvvv :slight_smile: How cool is that!!
I need to pay better attention!!

So I just have to bite the bullet and go for Firmata thnx for pointing it out Melis!! :slight_smile:

edit: Awesome work from mr. Benefit!! WOoooooopy!!