Purchase the SAM3X8E?

Hi,
I did a quick (Octopart/Google) search for the SAM3X8E chip in the Due, and I don't see it readily available for sale. Anybody have a link to purchase them?

Thanks.

I think it is written in the spec that the chip is not available, only on an kit?

Like these Rob?

-CU available also.

Ah, it was the SAM3X8H that wasn't available:

"The SAM3X-EK evaluation kit for the SAM3X and SAM3A series is mounted with a SAM3X8H in an LFBGA217 package. This device is not commercially available."
(Sorry for the fuzz )

CrossRoads:
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Atmel/ATSAM3X8EA-AU/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtQuSbTnHsVtm6dgCW59dFS
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/ATSAM3X8EA-AU/ATSAM3X8EA-AU-ND/3128687

...Octopart, you let me down! Thanks, CrossRoads. I guess checking the major distributors was a little too obvious for me :slight_smile:

Yep, sometimes the most obvious is the best. I have even seen folks overpay for parts on e-bay when the distributors had them listed for less and without the 3-week shipping time from China.

Octopart, you let me down!

That happened to me the other day, I said that X was not available after an Octopart search and then someone found it bold as brass at Mouser :frowning:

Rob

CrossRoads:
Yep, sometimes the most obvious is the best. I have even seen folks overpay for parts on e-bay when the distributors had them listed for less and without the 3-week shipping time from China.

I do that all the time.. Mouser/Digikey is giving me an $30 penalty for even the tiniest thing, so it's easier to use ebay instead.

Or, of course, add up lots of stuff before ordering from Mouser, but they the Customs is giving me an 25% +$25 penalty when the total is above $32 (which it garanteed to be when Customs calculate in the shippingcost in the value)

If you need a couple of SAM3X8Es, just contact Atmel directly for samples. The problem is the test sockets. They are expensive...unless you have skills soldering.

Palliser:
If you need a couple of SAM3X8Es, just contact Atmel directly for samples. The problem is the test sockets. They are expensive...unless you have skills soldering.

Maybe I should build up a breakout board and have a bunch soldered up... There might be a call for that since the Duo is now out.

I received 3 of them by sample request :slight_smile: