Help with AT&T Go Phone SIM

I'm currently using a AT&T Prepaid Go Phone SIM with a GPRS V1.0 in the United States. The card does not have a 3G symbol on it.

I cannot get a 3 second green light on my shield indicating a network connection. When monitoring the serial connection all I get back is

yyyyyyyy
RDY

+CFUN: 1

+CPIN: READY

+PACSP: 0

Call Ready

Everything I do to try and send data to test connections gives back a 0 or an error.

Is getting a 3 second green light something I need to establish in software? Can anyone that has a AT&T SIM working show me their code on how they did it? If it's not this particular shield you're using that's fine, I will go buy your shield model if the shield is the problem. Going crazy trying to get this to work.

Your shield is fine. Double check you plan. I had to call AT@T to get my plan straight. Once I did that, everything worked as it should.

SIM Card ATT ---> got this at my local wal-mart

Another thing to check is figure out which board you are using with the shield and make sure you TX and RX communication ports are talking to each other.

something like this

Another alternative is to get sims from a different carrier. Try Neo: The Intelligent IoT Network | Aeris (It's specialized for IoT projects so in addition to connectivity, you also get access to a device management platform with alerts, device diagnostics, etc.). Good luck!