How much can 328p handle?

Again, simply verify your DDSword calculation (see my post above). When it is correct (it MUST be the same as the calc result on the ADI page above), try to pass it to the DDS chip.

Do NOT expect you will see an accurate DDS output frequency on the freqmeter, because you do NOT know the actual frequency of your 125MHz DDSclock. It could be 125.009.447,786 Hz - this DDSclock needs to be

a) measured by the freqmeter and its value has to be changed in the code accordingly, or,

b) "calibration mode": set the DDSfreq to ie. 10.000.000Hz output, pass it to DDS chip, do measure the DDS output freq (you may see something like "9.997.234Hz"), and do change the DDSclock value such until you see "10.000.000Hz" on the freqmeter (provided your freqmeter is precise enough), and do save the new DDSclock value somewhere.

I used that "calibration" mode with my DDS stuff I did long time back (so I did not care what the actual DDSclock freq was like, and, the actual DDSclock hex value was saved into an EEPROM after the calibration - btw. you can do the calibration anytime then, even when your DDS generator is already built into a nice shiny case :slight_smile: )..