Arduino and Android - USB loosing packages

Hello folks,

I'm trying to interact with my Arduino UNO from my Android tablet running 4.0.3 and got everything working using the Android USB Host API, which means I can send data over USB to the board and read it there via Serial.read() successfully. Now I'm trying to implement a feedback functionality, which means the other way around, sending from the Uno and reading on the tablet. This works also quite well using Serial.write() but I got a little problem: Sometimes, there are no bytes transferred and some other times, only some of them, so the content I'm sending is cut in half. Any suggestions how to fix this? I'm asssuming the Serial port has some issues sending all of the data, perhaps I should change the baud-rate which is currently at 9600?

I'm asssuming the Serial port has some issues sending all of the data, perhaps I should change the baud-rate which is currently at 9600?

No. Most likely, you are expecting serial data to miraculously arrive all at once.

Post some code, if you really want help.

Thanks. I'm currently using the following code to communicate with the board (written for Android in Java, off course)

byte[]data = new byte[1024]; //bigger size just to make sure...
int returnLen = conn.bulkTransfer(epIN,data,data.length,500); //epIN is the

Is that the code for sending data to the Arduino, or for getting data from the Arduino?

Where is the Arduino code?

Arduino simply uses

Serial.write(5); //sending 5 as an example