Multiplex7Seg for Due??? Solution in progress...

Hello Everybody! When I got my Arduino Due, my Multiplex 7-Segment Display projects went to a halt.

I'm using the library from Multiplex7Seg.zip for my Arduino projects, and that library is exclusively AVR.

#include <avr/interrupt.h>

I have a display of three 7-segment LEDs that work, flawlessly with Arduino AVR boards. Has someone reworked this library to function with Arduino Due?

Marc, you are running into the situation many of us have run into: many AVR libraries used AVR specific techniques to squeeze capability & speed out of the platform and they do not translate well to the Due or other platforms.

The forum here has some posts that are very good for specific situations but no one has compiled a comprehensive "how-to" (maybe we've left that to our good friend Marc?)

TheKitty:
Marc, you are running into the situation many of us have run into: many AVR libraries used AVR specific techniques to squeeze capability & speed out of the platform and they do not translate well to the Due or other platforms.

The forum here has some posts that are very good for specific situations but no one has compiled a comprehensive "how-to" (maybe we've left that to our good friend Marc?)

Thanks for the update. I may have just created a solution... It's a simple counting-up app, from 000 to 999. (it goes into my blog, tomorrow) The next question I have is, how do I embed it into an interrupt?

Between 7-Segment displays, I'm using delayMicroseconds(4500). I'm using three 7-segment displays.

My Official Blog Post...

Arduino Due: Standalone DS18B20 Digital Thermometer using 7-Segment Display

It's Working with Error Handlers! I only wish I could run my multiplexing 7-Segment code as an interrupt or a clock slice, so I main loops does not need to run at turbo speed at all times.

Marcos "Kuya Marc" Miranda

I just created a Random Number generator using my revised Multiplex 7-Segment function...

Arduino Due: Random Numbers using 7-Segment LED Display

If someone could make my Multiplex 7-Segment function into a time-sliced interrupt library, it would be very helpful. Thanks!

Marcos "Kuya Marc" Miranda

The timer library posted in the libraries section in this forum appears to be rather good (insulates one from the chip registers) - you could use that to generate an even every second to do a clock or counter etc.

TheKitty:
The timer library posted in the libraries section in this forum appears to be rather good (insulates one from the chip registers) - you could use that to generate an even every second to do a clock or counter etc.

That's an idea, but haven't worked directly with timers. I think the original AVR library was using timer2. For Multiplexing 7-segments, it needs a constant refresh. I'll check it the timer library. Thanks.