Contributing to Arduino Documentation and EEPROM Library: several questions

Hi all, I've got a few questions.

1. I'm going to update the EEPROM Library and submit a pull request on Github here: GitHub - arduino/Arduino: Arduino IDE 1.x.

This is the correct place right?

1. I then need to update the documentation. I'm not sure where to do that though. Is this the right place? GitHub - arduino/reference-en: Editable source for the Arduino Reference <--I can't find the EEPROM library documentation here, for instance.

As for documentation updating goes, here's more questions:

if I fork, modify, and do a pull request on this documentation repository, what documentation does it affect?
ie:
a) Arduino Website Documentation? (Arduino - Home)
b) Local IDE documentation on future downloads? (accessed via IDE help menu)
c) anywhere else I should know?
d) How do I update pages like this? Libraries - Arduino Reference <--the "Contributed Libraries" list, for instance, is outdated and should probably just point here (Arduino Playground - LibraryList), where I've already been able to make lots of contributions and improvements.

1. For the EEPROM library, I plan on adding read/write access for other variable types, namely: unsigned int, unsigned long, and float. I will keep the current functions to maintain backwards compatibility. I will be using the AVR library here: avr-libc: <avr/eeprom.h>: EEPROM handling
    -I notice that there are update and write functions, but it seems to my I should ONLY use update, and not write at all. Ex: I should use eeprom_update_byte instead of eeprom_write_byte, so that I don't waste eeprom erase and write cycles to write a value already there. Is there any reason I should not do this?

2. Side Question: anyone know what the process is for getting a new library included as part of the Arduino core?
    -If I think it should be there, should I just make the change and do a pull request, or is there a process?

Thanks!
~Gabriel

Hi Gabriel, a pull request is the correct way for submitting code to the Arduino IDE

If your proposed modification touches the Arduino Core and introduces substantial changes, it's better to first discuss it on the developers mailing list Redirecting to Google Groups
Many other parties are interested in having a stable and reliable API

As for the documentation, we are working on making it easier to contribute to it, but for now, you can only open issues on github and wait for us to fix them

Thank you!