Failed Windows Logo testing during Windows Driver installation

-I'm new to this so please bear with me. I am following Massimo's 'Getting Started with Arduino' book from Make.
-When I tried to install the Windows drivers (page 24), during the installation I get the following message: "Arduino UNO has not passed Windows Logo Testing to test its compatibility with Windows XP. Continuing your installation of this software may impair or destabilize the correct operation of your system either immediately or in the future. Microsoft strongly recommends that you stop this installation now and contact the hardware vendor for software that has passed Windows Logo tesing."
-I then terminated installation.
-Can someone can give me a recommendation what to do?
-Do I ignore this message and continue loading the drivers?
-Did I do something wrong? -Thanks for any advice!
Bob

You continue anyways. =). Windows Logo testing is expensive and essentially useless (even things that pass testing will have bugs), so most open-source projects don't bother with it. It's more for large corporate software, where Logo testing allows Microsoft's warranty to apply as well.

Thanks so much quick response and detailed explaination! Now I fill comfortable installing the drivers inspite of the error message.
Bob

Microsoft are miffed because they didn't get their snake-oil money......... :wink:

Apparently I have a policy on my Windows XP machine that won't allow me to install the driver (arduino duemilanove) because it has not passed the Windows Logo test. Is there any way to get around this error?

Bcarroll:
Apparently I have a policy on my Windows XP machine that won't allow me to install the driver (arduino duemilanove) because it has not passed the Windows Logo test. Is there any way to get around this error?

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,118440.0.html